Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

I forgot that I've been squirrelling away £20 a month into a loqbox account for the best part of a year in a vague attempt to create a credit rating- I blew my emergency fund on a working YouTube and internet and photo capable phone on Xmas Eve and was panicking a bit as the last installment was due tomorrow.
Remembered yesterday I could just close and unlock it :D

It's all just been refunded into my bank and I've done a coop quick doorstep delivery thing for everything I need from the corner shop, so I don't need to buildings or people (I'm a shielder who forgets about covid when experiencing PTSD and panic attacks outside my home that I've had since 2013 and in town since 2018.

If I'd thought of that sooner, I wouldn't have had to double dash into town/emergency cash converters missions yesterday and the day before :facepalm:

Money might be the root of all evil, bit it's also a source if stability, safety leek soup ingredients and decaf.

^ just to double check.. this is not a love song, right?

I've got my sensible feet on and instead of heading to the bookshop with a new year homemade card with my friend's photo on the front and a flask of tea, I'm just going to email the shop with a YouTube link and this picture my friend took that made me squeak and confuse him by speaking in excited Tufty language and having to translate when he responded with bafflement. He got it straight off :)

Yay social distancing, good technology Screenshot_20201230-161112.png and remembering The Rules!

Last edited:

I have two rationed allowed squares of high cocoa dark chocolate and some sugar free mints :hmm:
I think I'm doing diabetes right again? Stress reduction, self care and being relatively sensible/practical? :hmm:

I have just found what I needed - a my sided playlist of the night that I'd met Sam and we swapped music. It was during the last song that he passed out and our first date transferred from my doorstep to a and e .

'in the city I didn't make a sound til I fell over and cracked my crown' was the point where his head hit our hall floor...

^ full list link that may or may not work

I also haven't listened to this for a couple of years. It literally saved by life just before I met Sam ,- she gave me a sneak preview of the talk and asked for feedback.
I gave it to Sam as a suicide prevention tool. We agreed if one of us didn't make it, the other would legacy the fuck out of them and ourselves by Keeping Going.

Looks like it's down to me - I needed a Purpose :hmm:

Contains multiple trigger warnings about sexual violence, state distancing, spiking and suicide.

Thanks again Emily x

It's a video that deserves a Thread❤️💪❤️

Last edited:
Is this that enlightenment moment where I realise nothing has to make any sense anyway, and keep going despite it possibly being in the wrong direction? Who knows 🤷‍♀️

My one of my favourite favourite favourite poem is Bradford Again by Joolz Denby. As is root and branch.

My never wife the other day is from there too - she suggested we could move back together.

I laughed hollowly inside because I'd said never again, but...

I think if I popped up, it would kill my mum - she's in her 70s and in a shielding category if she's still about. I haven't had contact with that lot for over a decade thankfully
Sorry, immediate response to the first verse :D

I think Amsterdam would be unwise too :D

Back
Top Bottom