Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

...and some Urbz may recall me banging on at poor young DotCommunist on a certain noobs thread in General 2 weeks ago, "demanding" he listen to the Stooges' "Funhouse" album. Anyhow, look what I just found! So, young DC, there be no excuse now - get ye to listening!:

Skullflower time - and it's the 1990 Forced Exposure 7-inch single here.

Side A - "Slaves" - a completely different version to that recorded on the "Xaman" album
Side B - "Satan My Black Ass, Steve Albini=Jim Steinman" - title is a Stefan Jaworzyn "special"
Line up - Stefan Jaworzyn (gtr)/Matthew Bower (bass)/Stuart Dennison (drums/"vocals" on the B-side)

After watching a truly depressing documentary, am about to "lighten" the mood (if that's possible at all) by watching this little number:

I gave up all hallucinogenics, spliffage and so on in 2005...but this one certainly reminds me of good times in the past:

For all the lovers out there on this special day...

The razor bites and the shriek subsides
He arches clutching at his sides
Across the floor across the tiles
The man is dead and the razor smiles
A shiny love song a quick incision
Cut him down on television

A people come to this
Beyond the age of reason
A people fed on famine
A people on their knees and
People eat each other
A people stand in line
Waiting for another war and
Waiting for my valentine

For a million empty faces
For a million hollow smiles
Cancer for my education
Watch the body hit the files
Waiting for another war and
Waiting for my valentine

Happy Greetings Card Industry Support day :)

This bloke was in a anchester band called Yargo over twenty years ago. God know what happened to him but this is very good after twenty years absence

An online radio station (sensorial radio - hippy shit really) broadcast of sounds of thunderstorms. I'm in bed so it is very calming. :)

This little number from the Wasp Factory still has a powerful, pounding quality to it - and best represents their live sound:

The endorphins seem to be kicking in, rammed home up the straightpipe by the kale salad and the blood thinners.

The questions is, where is ecstasy found when on a pablum diet, and orgasm means dangerous palpitations? Will the ignited sunset be enough?

Back
Top Bottom