Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What are you listening to right now? v2.0

I think the original intention goes something like this:

This thread is mostly reserved endless reams of YouTube videos, without much comment (or with comments/discussions petering out fairly quickly, since any attempts at conversation are buried under the aforementioned strings of YouTube videos).

The other thread is text-based (you mention what you're listening to using the medium of text, not by posting up videos or if you do, unwritten social rules dictates that you have to be very careful not to overuse this trope as it sort of breaks the style of the thread a little bit). Here, people mostly either just states the title of album(s)/single(s) they're listening to, but also often try to engage in more coherent discussion or at least comments- Sometimes having actual conversations about the music (this can be done because there's no lightning-speed growth of the thread as people aren't posting up endless streams of music videos like in 'this' thread...)

Of course there's the occasional overlap of posting style/conduct on both threads, but after years of quiet observation and also of participation into the unique and conflicting cultures of these very different threads, I have arrived at this temporarily satisfying conclusion and will try to separate my posting habits accordingly.

I think the original intention goes something like this:

This thread is mostly reserved endless reams of YouTube videos, without much comment (or with comments/discussions petering out fairly quickly, since any attempts at conversation are buried under the aforementioned strings of YouTube videos).

The other thread is text-based (you mention what you're listening to using the medium of text, not by posting up videos or if you do, unwritten social rules dictates that you have to be very careful not to overuse this trope as it sort of breaks the style of the thread a little bit). Here, people mostly either just states the title of album(s)/single(s) they're listening to, but also often try to engage in more coherent discussion or at least comments- Sometimes having actual conversations about the music (this can be done because there's no lightning-speed growth of the thread as people aren't posting up endless streams of music videos like in 'this' thread...)

Of course there's the occasional overlap of posting style/conduct on both threads, but after years of quiet observation and also of participation into the unique and conflicting cultures of these very different threads, I have arrived at this temporarily anthropologically satisfying distinction and will try to separate my posting habits accordingly.

And the CD player thread is generally more concerned with whole albums than whatever the shuffle function has dredged up this time.

null-22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom