Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Wetherspoons runs out of ketchup

I'm in a spoons in Brockley now. No vinegar no ketchup no mayo. Only found this out after getting the food. People with fish and chips very unhappy. My partner got no mayo in her wrap. My chips are dead to me without vinegar.
There's that shop just across the crossing from the Barge...nip over, get a bottle and ask them to take it off yer bill!

It was cheap. Lots of calories and the beer was good. Other than that the place is disgustingly filthy. More than ever
I've always liked the Barge (when I use to regularly pop over to Goldsmiths for stuff) and, although it had its moments after student trough time, it never used to be excessively grubby. That's a shame. :(

I just came back from Kos. The whole fucking island was immaculate. The Spoons has notices everywhere but tables covered in shite. Dirty glasses. Filth on the floor. The service in this pub has always been crap but now its crap but they blame covid somehow.
:(

Last time I went to Spoons (on my own a long time ago) I ordered three pizzas and took the plates home for FEB use :thumbs:

And nothing about what it should be eaten with, evidently. :p
No post has driven me to such rage so quickly. In Grimsby, and to a lesser extent Cleethorpes, there are the best F&C shops/ cafés/restaurants anywhere in the UK. In each and every one you will find the fish is served at perfection. The accompaniments are selected to give the optimum eating pleasure regardless of your taste.

Are there any chips-only types reading this thread? :hmm:

They've got to be good. and I'm pretty fussy about that, but, here are the things I won't have with chips :

1. Beef fat
2. Fish (you're starting to get the idea ;) :D )
3. Ketchup (rank!! :mad: )
4. Brown sauce
5. Excess of salt
6. Lots of other avoided condiments, because I just like PLAIN, HOT, CHIPS!!!!!
7. An indoor environment (bar the awning of a shop or something, when it rains, or a festival marquee/beer tent when there are similar conditions! ;) :thumbs: )

Chips alongside mushy peas or even baked beans ( :eek: -- but no cheese ;) :p ) have been very rarely known to happen.
I said very rarely.

Beer has no ranking whatsoever in the above avoiding-list! :beer: :oldthumbsup: ... but!!! no St*lla or anything similar though! :mad: ;)

Back
Top Bottom