Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Welcome to Wrexham - Disney TV series

editor

hiraethified
I really enjoyed the first series and episode two of the new series really is quite special as you don't expect a football documentary to deal with autism.

The young son of their star player Mullin has autism, as does one of the teenage female fans who is featured.

And of course Ryan Reynolds follows her on Twitter.

I know there's other clubs who are just as supportive to their fans, but it's great seeing it as part of such a popular, globally famous series

Well, I didn't expect to cry through most of a football documentary.

It's a fucking brilliant series and really brave of the producers to dedicate an entire episode to autism.

I just saw it won five emmy's.
I was quite surprised as I watched two episodes and thought it was absolutely dreadful. I thought it must be something about american style 'fly on the wall' TV that doesn't sit with the brits as well as it does with americans. Then I look at the comments on this thread and see it was popular here too!!! Not just in the UK bit on this board.
Does it pick up or are the first two episodes a good benchmark for how the rest of the series plays out?

I was quite surprised as I watched two episodes and thought it was absolutely dreadful. I thought it must be something about american style 'fly on the wall' TV that doesn't sit with the brits as well as it does with americans. Then I look at the comments on this thread and see it was popular here too!!! Not just in the UK bit on this board.
Does it pick up or are the first two episodes a good benchmark for how the rest of the series plays out?
It's got global appeal. NetFlix fans from all ov3r the world are turning up at Wrexham. There was a private box full of Koreans whilst I was there.

Personally I liked some eps. Bi he watched season1. Was glad of the Fast forward for some eps. (the bromance one I practically saw 3 minutes of unaccelerated picture).

... But if you didn't like the first two... It's probably not for you

... But if you didn't like the first two... It's probably not for you
I think the content is fine, but the format / way these US shows are put together really grates on me. I have to say that I am disappointed that this style is what people want, it makes me feel out of touch. . . . More worryingly, my job is making TV, so when I push back over the 'american style' . . . maybe I am wrong.

It's one of the very few football documentaries that actually managed to catch the essence of lower league football. I loved the focus on the fans, the backroom staff, the volunteers, the pub landlord and the insights into the trials and tribulations of the players. It's superb TV.

Back
Top Bottom