Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

We Are Staying Up!

This is also the 'Joining Us' and 'Not Joining Us Next Season' thread. Leatherhead conceded in the 89th minute today and lost 1-0 to Brightlingsea. Their play-off chances dented. What a shame! Now you gotta feel sorry for them. What a bummer!

I seem to remember one of their fans commenting on successive play-off failures.

This is also the 'Joining Us' and 'Not Joining Us Next Season' thread. Leatherhead conceded in the 89th minute today and lost 1-0 to Brightlingsea. Their play-off chances dented. What a shame! Now you gotta feel sorry for them. What a bummer!

I seem to remember one of their fans commenting on successive play-off failures.
Leatherhead need to qualify for the play-offs once before they can boast about "successive play-off failures".

Didnt they concede in consecutive matches in the last minute last season to blow their playoff chances?

Didnt they concede in consecutive matches in the last minute last season to blow their playoff chances?
Yes. I recall standing on a chair in the Cherry Tree leading a chorus of "Let's all laugh at Leatherhead" after the first time we won promotion.

Yes. I recall standing on a chair in the Cherry Tree leading a chorus of "Let's all laugh at Leatherhead" after the first time we won promotion.

Impressive memory as always.

We walked in and you were on said chair singing

“Leatherhead is falling down,
Falling down, falling down.
Leatherhead is falling down,
Poor Old Brady.

Build it up with pink and blue,
Pink and blue, pink and blue.
Poor old Brady.”

At least that’s how I remember it :)

Impressive memory as always.

We walked in and you were on said chair singing

“Leatherhead is falling down,
Falling down, falling down.
Leatherhead is falling down,
Poor Old Brady.

Pink and blue, pink and blue.
Poor old Brady.”

At least that’s how I remember it :)
Yes. I think I was encouraging Tracy's son Joshua to join in, and he looked like he was having a great time. I wasn't even pissed as I needed to get home to look after my mum who had Alzheimer's. I should have just brought her to the game really.

Yes. I think I was encouraging Tracy's son Joshua to join in, and he looked like he was having a great time. I wasn't even pissed as I needed to get home to look after my mum who had Alzheimer's. I should have just brought her to the game really.

It certainly set the stall for our celebrations in the bar after and of course promotion roundabout was pioneered later that night.

As you know I like Concord Rangers. But there are some people that reckon they are a bunch of divers and time wasting cheats. If they get into the playoffs and won promotion to the National League, it would be an interesting experience for the NL teams to go and play on a pitch in the middle of nowhere, in front of 300 people. Near some houses that look like they were built without planning permission.............with an owl.

Last edited:
It certainly set the stall for our celebrations in the bar after and of course promotion roundabout was pioneered later that night.
Really? I think you’ll find some of us have ‘pioneered’ ‘promotion roundabout’ before that down the years... You sound a bit like the orofessional game where there was no such thing as football before the Premier League...

Really? I think you’ll find some of us have ‘pioneered’ ‘promotion roundabout’ before that down the years... You sound a bit like the orofessional game where there was no such thing as football before the Premier League...

Cool. Which promotions were celebrated there?

Cool. Which promotions were celebrated there?
You tell me... you’re the expert on everything... tell you you what, ask me on the coach down to Weston, unless you’re one of the many who refuse to travel with me on it...

Slightly tempted by the coach but will be biking down to Weston next sat.

Anyone know when the season ticket renewal will be announced?

Slightly tempted by the coach but will be biking down to Weston next sat.

Anyone know when the season ticket renewal will be announced?
That is a good question... it’s been left very late this season, if there’s to be an Early Bird offer...?

See Torquay lost at home to Hungerford today almost guaranteeing Truro will be relegated. That looks dodgy to me.

Last edited:
See Torquay lost at home to Hungerford today alost guaranteeing Truro will be relegated. That looks dodgy to me.
Why? Torquay also lost at home to Weston-super-Mare when they still needed points. Hungerford are fighting to stay up and their recent form has been relatively good. Truro don't seem to have won for ages, and they sacked their manager immediately before the transfer deadline. It'll be no one's fault but their own if they go down.

Why? Torquay also lost at home to Weston-super-Mare when they still needed points. Hungerford are fighting to stay up and their recent form has been relatively good. Truro don't seem to have won for ages, and they sacked their manager immediately before the transfer deadline. It'll be no one's fault but their own if they go down.

Well WSM were as good as down before they beat Torquay. It seems improbable to me that either of these teams would have beaten Torquay if Woking had still been in the title race. For instance if Dulwich had been relegated by one point we might have wished we had playing them on the last game of the season when they 'couldn't be bothered to turn up' rather than two months ago when we got smashed.

Harlow Town are relegated from the Bostik Premier. We lost to them away in the cup last season and those that travelled will remember the twat in a costume military hat that walked around the ground in order to do his little dance directly in front of the Dulwich fans. Not laughing now are you mate!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom