Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Hamlet vs Chatham Town, Monday 28 August (the banks are closed today)

If that is the case then I hope it is stated in the referee’s report. I would hope these sort of incidents are brought to the attention of those who administer our leagues. That said as I know from my own experience in these situations too often officials are given the lowest possible mark that does not require a report.
Scoring system is different now and we are not scared to report them. There is a space to leave comments on incidents and we will.
As for the decision not affecting the result AveryDave yhat may be true but recovery from a 2 goal deficit requires changes that would not be made for one goal. It does not change the fact the performance was poor, but it does change the game.

Scoring system is different now and we are not scared to report them. There is a space to leave comments on incidents and we will.
As for the decision not affecting the result AveryDave yhat may be true but recovery from a 2 goal deficit requires changes that would not be made for one goal. It does not change the fact the performance was poor, but it does change the game.
We got back within a goal with the only change being Mills for Clifton. They upped their game after that whilst we fell apart.

Only one team had a plan and a system and had players who stepped up and wanted to win. And once again it wasn’t us.

Yesterday was probably up there with the worst performances I've seen from Hamlet in the past decade

Krasniqi shouldn't be starting matches, not in midfield
Hakan's son looked a bit lost bless him when he came on
I know it takes time for teams with high turn over to gel but I am already beginning to seriously doubt the recruitment this summer. Some of the defending this season already has been no short of criminal. Ruddy has had a couple of great games but if you continue to give up loads of chances eventually you get days like yesterday.

I'm wondering after a couple of late goals in the first few games as well there's a bit of a mentality issue?

Feels a bit of a cop out to be asking for new faces already. It was only a month ago that signing Manny Parry was simply too good an opportunity to turn down.

Bit of a foreign concept nowadays but the management team could try and improve the players they have. And sign players who are on the way up, not the way down.

Feels a bit of a cop out to be asking for new faces already. It was only a month ago that signing Manny Parry was simply too good an opportunity to turn down.

Bit of a foreign concept nowadays but the management team could try and improve the players they have. And sign players who are on the way up, not the way down.

Recruitment is definitely his blind spot, I think. Fawole was a shocker last season - we were in desperate need of players to come in and just make a slight difference, but he looked at least one division out of his depth.

Wasn't there on Monday, but for me some of these players are just not good enough from what I've seen. Begs the question of why we signed them all in the first place, really. Were they recommended to us? If so, by whom? Because we shouldn't be taking any more recommendations off of them. Has HH seen them before? If so, they must have put in performances at a higher level that a far cry to the shit they're turning out now. There's quite a few signings that I think have looked odd and I think it's biting us on the arse now. We look so weak in midfield.

Some of them look knackered too: I went for Ricketts the other day, but Romain was out for large portions of last season with Ebbsfleet, and has only lasted half an hour of this. He was a good striker once, but if he can't string any games together he's no use to us - not to mention fairly expensive, I'd guess!

Alarm bells were starting to ring when we couldn't beat the likes of Tooting and E&B in pre season. There seems to be this very pervasive school of thought in non-league about 'not reading anything into pre season' results, but I think squeezing a 1-1 draw out of a side 2 divisions lower than you really should give some indication as to the level of your squad.

The loan market seems a sensible move, but it is a worry that we're conducting major surgery on the squad already. Agree that this could be a long season.

I'm a bit concerned about HH's view of matches. After Horsham he said we had 90% possession; I couldn't get anywhere near that even I counted the time the ball was in the air from one of our hoofs, until it came down into their possession.

Back
Top Bottom