Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walking Across Wales in a Straight Line (trespassing)

A great story.
It reminds me of a book by Nick Crane called Two Degrees West. In it, he walked in a straight line from the North Coast of Scotland to the South Coast of England. He varied his journey by no more than two degrees from the Meridian. He did it in one go (not taking breaks) and swam across rivers of got a boat, crawled through storm drains, slept under hedges etc. A fascinating read for the pedantic nerd.

Crane is as hard as nails, despite looking and sounding like a provincial parson. That particular walk though was from just over the Scottish Border, not the north coast of Scotland. One of his easier walks.

It’s a bit like that guy who spent 3 years trying to park in every spot in his local supermarket car park.
There’s something I love about ludicrously pointless personal obsessions.
sorry if itsounds cycnical, but i doubt very much he'd be doing these straight line walks if youtube didnt exist...if he was obsessed then he would.

Last edited:
I can't remember why mission 2 failed, but looking forward to this, just watched the opening 15 mins and it looks good.

Verity is clearly not as stupid as he might think.

He was a bit of a knob telling her there was 'no other choice' but to follow the line to meet them in the event the batteries ran out. I was glad when she was sat in the car reading her book and not out looking for them.

Back
Top Bottom