Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Walking Across Wales in a Straight Line (trespassing)

Just finished watching this. I’m hoping I’ll recognise some of his route when (if) he gets further east :cool:

I wouldn’t fancy trying it though, especially the middle section though Kielder.

Not watched that, I don't particularly appreciate trespassing - it was hard enough for the RA / right to roam legislation to get the rights we do have, I don't want him messing that up.
I have a permissive footpath in my "wildwood" which leads into fields open to the "right to roam" but I get litter and other damage plus some gits actually in my garden just this past week.

Hope his route avoids any of the restricted areas on the ranges / the large body of water and the Osprey nests.

His line goes straight through the Otterburn range and Kielder Water.
He does start just east of the west coast main line though, and seems to be aligned with an access bridge under the east coast line just outside Bamburgh, so no crossing railways

His line goes straight through the Otterburn range and Kielder Water.
He does start just east of the west coast main line though, and seems to be aligned with an access bridge under the east coast line just outside Bamburgh, so no crossing railways
yeah, trespassing on railways could get messy. and make you somewhat unpopular with the BTP / any drivers involved.

I finished watching the last part of this earlier (no spoilers!). As I thought, I know part of his route (the bit around Otterburn and Kidland forest) fairly well, so I can only imagine how gruelling the full mission must have been.

While I don’t necessarily agree with some of the trespassing I like his style, I’m tempted to bung him a few quid on Patreon to watch the extra content.

Back
Top Bottom