Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Vampires

frogwoman

No amount of cajolery...
I have recently been reading an excellent vampire book on Wattpad and also seen the latest Dracula series on Netflix. Does anyone have any recommendations for other vampire stuff? Can be from any time period because I haven't read much about them before. Preferably nothing that's predominantly romance :D

Interview With a Vampire and Vampire Lestat are worth a go. Anne Rice.

Kim Newmans 'Anno Dracula' is really good, that and his other vampire novels in the same vein (heh). Would recommend this over Anne Rice tbf, although they are both effective and engaging authors in different ways.

hny frog

I rate Whitley Strieber's The Hunger (novel) and the film of the same name featuring Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon.

You can't fault the originals either. Bram Stoker's Dracula and John Polidori's The Vampyre.

I rate Whitley Strieber's The Hunger (novel) and the film of the same name featuring Catherine Deneuve, David Bowie and Susan Sarandon.
I agree with this. Initially bought it as a Bowie obsessed teeanger (he was on the cover) but it turned out to be an excellent book. And it was years before i knew who Whitley Strieber was - a good introduction.

For a more modern book interpretation there’s Women, Eating by Claire Kohda, which also has themes of cultural self acceptance for a mixed race and second generation immigrant.

Is Buffy the Vampire Slayer too obvious? It’s great fun and feels surprisingly undated. I’m enjoying a rewatch at the moment and there’s a whole thread on it.:D Not the most classical vampire cannon though.

I have recently been reading an excellent vampire book on Wattpad and also seen the latest Dracula series on Netflix. Does anyone have any recommendations for other vampire stuff? Can be from any time period because I haven't read much about them before. Preferably nothing that's predominantly romance :D
Have you read dracula?

I liked this for lots of reasons other than just 'I'll watch anything with a cool vamp in it', Wir sind die Nacht, We are the Night.

subs before dubs, always

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom