Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Users threaten to leave Spotify as the company hosts Alex Jones shithead Alex Jones podcasts

This turned up in the news in the last couple of days. Alex Jones must not have a soul if he can pull this after all the trouble he's caused the Posner family:

In Texas this week, a defamation claim by the family of Noah Pozner will be heard in court. The Pozners, whose 6-year-old son Noah was one of the victims, have been forced to move seven times due to the harassment of Jones and his Infowars infantry. The case is one of several related to Sandy Hook that has been filed against Jones. But it is the Pozner case that seems to have gotten under Jones' skin. He is suing the Pozners for $100,000 to cover his legal costs.

"Mr. Jones is trying to have the Pozner and Fontaine cases dismissed under the Texas Citizens Participation Act, which protects citizens’ right to free speech against plaintiffs who aim to silence them through costly litigation. Mr. Jones is seeking more than $100,000 in court costs from the Pozner family."

Alex Jones is suing the parents of a Sandy Hook victim for $100,000

All content now removed from Spotify.

ETA: Well most of it.

Spotify also took action against Jones on Monday, removing every episode of his podcast The Alex Jones Show from its platform. The music streaming service had previously removed specific episodes of the show, but left the bulk of the archive up, before tightening its enforcement. Spotify has still left three other Infowars podcasts live on the service, however.

Facebook, Apple and Spotify ban Infowars' Alex Jones

hqdefault.jpg

Fuck Alex Jones.

I think something is wrong with him. If you ever listen to him properly ranting, not just scripted stuff, or memes, he seems a bit like he's hearing voices and is listening to them.

see how much of that joe rogan podcast you can listen to. (#911, obviously.) its fucking bonkers.
psychic vampires...

Actually, I'm leaning towards him being a fraud. The shouty puce twat advertises and sells a whole range of snake-oil quackshit to his audience.

Seriously, this is a before-and-after picture promoting something of his:

l5limm1eavzy.jpg

Reminds me of those pictures you see in Traditional Chinese Medicine shop windows, except that even those frauds make more of an effort. Jones clearly has a low opinion of the intellect of his audience.
What was the snake oil in question? A belt for his fucking jeans???

Or some special holding-in-the-beergut jollop?

slow handclap for facebook. They've got big ads up all over London saying how they want to help combat 'fake news' and they finally twigged to this today. :rolleyes:

Facebook are doing my nut in at the moment, you report the groups/pages whatever they are that spread a load of shite, and just come back to you saying they don't violate their terms.

Free speech is fine, but where do you draw the line between free speech and fake news right wing racist bullshit.

If you read it, Facebook spokesperson goes to the trouble of spelling out that they haven’t in fact removed Jones content for malicious lies conspiracy theories or any of that but for other reasons (hate speech dehumanising language). Looks odd to me that they felt the need to point that out.

If you read it, Facebook spokesperson goes to the trouble of spelling out that they haven’t in fact removed Jones content for malicious lies conspiracy theories or any of that but for other reasons (hate speech dehumanising language). Looks odd to me that they felt the need to point that out.

Covering arses.

Or can they get a puter to do that?
they can't do context. A spellchecker won't correct a homophone, because hoard and horde are both valid words and you need the chain of meaning that comes before to know if the writer meant horde of men or hoard of treasure.
You set a bit of software to pick out objectionable words maybe? adjust it note the frequency of words used in conjunction with other keywords? If you think about that for one minute it fails. In so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom