Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urbanites in Brum...

Moseley was the coolest fucking place in the 1990's but by all accounts from my Brummie Brethren it's not a patch these days on what it once was (which back then was anarcho-crust heaven!).

Oh, and someone mentioned the Hare and Hounds in Kings Heath earlier which is pretty cool. Pass yourself off as a true local by calling it the 'Hairy Mounds' and be sure to have some curry sauce on your chips too. You'll be pronouncing tooth 'tuth' before you know it you lucky bastard.

Oh I miss Brum!

Ha same here, really miss the Brum of the early to late 90s...it's still pretty nice but just not the same. Kings Heath where my folks live is really odd now - the High St is really depressing.

Used to love Aardvark Cafe, The Jug, jumping on the 50 to go up town to Dance Factory, Subway City, Eddies or....Snobs :eek: :facepalm::D My ex used to be a bairmaid at The Village so around '94-ish I tended to drink there.

Fighting Cocks I avoided as the name was apt.

It was, but at least you can walk round the centre at night now without feeling you are about to be murdered in a piss filled subway.

Ah yes 'run the gauntlet'...fun times :( Always hated the Corporation St/Bull St one with that random shop counter in the centre.

Ha same here, really miss the Brum of the early to late 90s...it's still pretty nice but just not the same. Kings Heath where my folks live is really odd now - the High St is really depressing.

Used to love Aardvark Cafe, The Jug, jumping on the 50 to go up town to Dance Factory, Subway City, Eddies or....Snobs :eek: :facepalm::D My ex used to be a bairmaid at The Village so around '94-ish I tended to drink there.

Fighting Cocks I avoided as the name was apt.

Ah happy days indeed. Loved the Aardvark. Remember Blagsta was always in there! And Moseley was legendary for some great blues parties where the bass was so loud windows would be shaking for miles. Those poor fuckers who had to get up and work the next day, but selfishly back then as a dole bludger, i thought it was the greatest time ever!

Is Pete the Feet still with us? I do hope so!

Ah happy days indeed. Loved the Aardvark. Remember Blagsta was always in there! And Moseley was legendary for some great blues parties where the bass was so loud windows would be shaking for miles. Those poor fuckers who had to get up and work the next day, but selfishly back then as a dole bludger, i thought it was the greatest time ever!

Is Pete the Feet still with us? I do hope so!

I was one of the founding members of the Aardvark! Do I know you? Pete the Feet is still around, he lives upstairs from a mate of mine.

I was one of the founding members of the Aardvark! Do I know you? Pete the Feet is still around, he lives upstairs from a mate of mine.

You do indeed know me hotstuff. What you mean you don't remember the incident with the tub of Swarfega and the mankini? Aw I'm hurt! ;) ps: PM coming your way!

I live in Moseley. Pete is still with us. He rides a pimped out mobility scooter in a harley style with PTF 1 on a number plate on the back

I just saw in the Guardian that Ming Moon is doing theatre dim sum nights! Short dramas by up and coming east Asian British theatre makers served with dim sum and tea.

It's £25, £22 concessions, so not a bargain night out, but I really fancy it. Anyone else?

I just saw in the Guardian that Ming Moon is doing theatre dim sum nights! Short dramas by up and coming east Asian British theatre makers served with dim sum and tea.

It's £25, £22 concessions, so not a bargain night out, but I really fancy it. Anyone else?

I showed that to purenarcotic as it's right up her street, not so mine, badger her to go with you, it won't take much :D

Not Blagsta's kind of thing either, which is good as someone needs to look after the baby toddler and the 5 year old.

I really love Chinese food, it's a real shame that I'm now allergic to nearly all of it. :(

Back
Top Bottom