Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban Clubbing Club

best place I've been out is Manchester, went to the Unabombers night at the Electric Chair night and saw Andrew Wetherall tear the roof off, quite literary.

Was that a good few years ago. 2007? Think I have the mp3s of that night- absolute quality.

I still go to bang face a lot.

Undecided about the bristol one, but will be going to the xmas one if its back in london.

I'd like to go to bristol, but I want to have a little sleep before going home on the train, and its about 3-4 hours on train I think.

What's the best party in Leeds?

Come thru. They play a lot of hardcore continuum stuff mixed with mainstream rnb/hip hop, modern dancehall, jersey club etc.

Great people as well, definitely aware and super nice.

Rnb's doing really well these days. cba techno much these days, feels like we've hit a high point again after the fragmentation of the post-timbaland/neptunes era...

I still go to bang face a lot.

Undecided about the bristol one, but will be going to the xmas one if its back in london.

I'd like to go to bristol, but I want to have a little sleep before going home on the train, and its about 3-4 hours on train I think.

I've done Bristol, after party and home on no sleep a few times

Temple meads - reading - that train to Gatwick that goes through our way

Quite easy

Come thru. They play a lot of hardcore continuum stuff mixed with mainstream rnb/hip hop, modern dancehall, jersey club etc.

Great people as well, definitely aware and super nice.

Rnb's doing really well these days. cba techno much these days, feels like we've hit a high point again after the fragmentation of the post-timbaland/neptunes era...
i fucking loved that Equiknox FACT mix - been playing it too death - loving that electronic dancehall vibe - where's Cum Thru?

Was that a good few years ago. 2007? Think I have the mp3s of that night- absolute quality.

it was. I used to post on the Electrics forum, basically the Unabombers fan club. It was actually my birthday, my girlfriend came and picked me up for what i thought was a normal day out in town, but as soon as I got in the car she said "we're going to Manchester, to the Electric Chair to see the Una's with Wetherall and I've arranged to meet your forum buddies in the pub nearby." (the salutaion?)

what an amazing night, people were so hospitable, people I'd only spoken to online. they were inviting me backstage for massive dabs of mandy. I clearly remember the camo netting on the roof being torn off quite early on.
Wetherall smashed it, the Una's played Love Cats towards the end. ....amazing!

Yeah.

Used to live in Manc and that was my go-to place. Was probably there the night you're talking about, seeing as it was my birthday too :)

what was the venue called, the music box?

is it still going?

were you a regular?
btw, if you fancy a trip up North again, I can recommend the Electric Chair end of year riot. It's on sometime between xmas and NY, at this amazing venue in the gay village. The club is like a labyrinth and the line ups are usually ace:

uk-1227-421809-front.jpg

what was the venue called, the music box?

is it still going?
Aye, music box. Only the end of year riot is left, I'm afraid. And they do a festival in Croatia called Electric Elephant, thought that might have ended as well.

Aye, music box. Only the end of year riot is left, I'm afraid. And they do a festival in Croatia called Electric Elephant, thought that might have ended as well.

yeah, I know about croatia, been going for a while now

Oh, and the Unabombers have a nice cafe/bar in Chorlton in Manc if you're ever in that area. It's called Electrik (surprisingly :) ). Have great tunes on the jukebox (some exclusives from Weatherall etc). And they have a one-deck wonder night on a Sunday where DJs come and just chill out, putting tunes on. No mixing.

I'm tempted to come up to manc, maqybe not nye but deffo up for a night of it soon. maybe we could organise a manc urb get together?

Oh, and unrelated to Electric Chair :) I almost forgot I'm going to this in Liverpool:

12pm - Midnight: Odyssey (Live Band) // Louie Vega // Dimitri From Paris // Spen & Karizma // Juan Atkins // John Morales // Kon // Rahaan // Red Greg // Al Kent // Marcel Vogel // Mr. Mendel // Neil Pierse // Get Down Edits // Yam Who? // David Fiorese // Hustle djs: James Morgan, Jimmy Allen & Andy Ash and many more!

Afterparty (separate tickets) - 12am - 6am: RAHAAN (Street Edits, Chicago) + RED GREG, MARCEL VOGEL & MR. MENDEL.

Tickets are pricey but it's gonna be great, I reckon. I played at the venue recently and it's ace.

Back
Top Bottom