Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban boaties where are you?

Like for the easy maintenance Chilli.s, sorry that you're not getting to use it much atm.

This coming weekend we're helping the boy to paint his boat, he's 20 on Sunday and we got him the paint as his birthday present!
The weather doesn't look great (although it changes every time I look at the forecast) so we're going to take it under a large road bridge a couple of miles away - this will almost guarantee a weekend of wall to wall sunshine :D
I like that !
both the present - as decent quality paint ain't cheap {as with a lot of things, add "marine" or "railway" into the mix and you can almost guarantee a premium addition onto the price !}
and taking it under a bridge ... I wish I could do that, but weighing in at 11 1/2 tons means I don't think it's as easy for mine.

I like that !
both the present - as decent quality paint ain't cheap {as with a lot of things, add "marine" or "railway" into the mix and you can almost guarantee a premium addition onto the price !}
and taking it under a bridge ... I wish I could do that, but weighing in at 11 1/2 tons means I don't think it's as easy for mine.
We have had some problems with the paint we had in stock, basically it wasn't covering the way it should, but what's left there will do as a base coat.
So, I've bought a decent sized tin of Craftmaster Coach Enamel - I paint with this stuff as a regular thing, several times a year - it's not especially cheap, but the quality is there.

I don't know if this is of use to the boaters here, but if you're registered with the Canal and River Trust you might be able to get the Energy Support Scheme – Alternative Funding Grant.

Mostly posting this because I love the ACAB variation in this pic...

Back
Top Bottom