Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

United Airlines violently drag passenger off overbooked flight

southwest-logo.jpg

Can I rock the boat then and say I reckon that bloke's a lucky fucker. He might well be able to retire on the payout he'll get. :thumbs:
Too fucking right. This is as good as a lottery win.

What do we reckon he'll pull from this?

My guess is that this will all go rather quiet shortly and no more will be reported, whilst Mr Gao trousers a $10 million out of court settlement.

My guess is that this will all go rather quiet shortly and no more will be reported, whilst Mr Gao trousers a $10 million out of court settlement.
Dr Dao, pa, Dr Dao. your new best mate. can't be mates with him if you forget his name all the time.

Last edited:

I'd want 30ml in sterling and free flights for life. First class.

You'd normally expect an out of court settlement.

But that requires both parties to meet a re-accommodation.

Not unless they're even bigger morons than they already seem.

This is one they'll want to disappear asap.

United might want to settle it quickly and leave the city of Chicago to deal with the lawsuit alone - their guys were the ones who knocked Dao's teeth out, etc. Dao's lawyer is arguing that United's employees should have stepped in to stop the heavy-handed airport cops, which doesn't sound like an especially strong case, I don't know if there have been many cases of people successfully suing anybody for failing to stop police assaulting somebody.

They're some kind of weird hybrid force employed by the Chicago Department of Aviation - all the officers on the airport force are state-certified police officers, some of them are with other police forces part-time.

They don't carry guns and they're only empowered to detain suspects until officers from the Chicago Police Department get there, but I bet anybody who punches one ends up getting charged with assaulting a police officer.

What are the Chicago aviation police?

Back
Top Bottom