Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine

I'm happy that I was banned in that it shows a swift response to and intolerance of racism. I should've put the words in quotation marks so as to avoid confusion and give some context, and maybe linked to the post from where I took the quote for the benefit of those not regularly reading this thread.

I can see clearly my own stupidity in that such language can cause serious offence anyway, not just to those who aren't 'with' the developments on a thread. Apologies.
It's worth editing the post or something so there's no ambiguity. Lurkers can pick up on this kind of thing and get it arseways. Remember how Skynews put up a screenie of a post from a thread on here not so long ago.

mango5 - it'd be nice if you edited your quoted post as well ta. For the record, since you're not expected to go through 300 pages, SB has been one of the most interesting posters on this thread and subject imo.

Last edited:
I'm happy that I was banned in that it shows a swift response to and intolerance of racism. I should've put the words in quotation marks so as to avoid confusion and give some context, and maybe linked to the post from where I took the quote for the benefit of those not regularly reading this thread.

I can see clearly my own stupidity in that such language can cause serious offence anyway, not just to those who aren't 'with' the developments on a thread. Apologies.

Let that be a lesson to you, using anti-semitism, anti-semites or the politics of hate to make your argument is not classy, is fraught with difficulties, and best not to be attempted.

Like butchersapron said, you're a weasel, camouflage. Instead of liking my post with the sincerity of a slimeball you can do something useful and edit your post too (where you quoted that post of mine).

Like butchersapron said, you're a weasel, camouflage. Instead of liking my post with the sincerity of a slimeball you can do something useful and edit your post too (where you quoted that post of mine).

Apron has logically deduced that i am not in fact a weasel. Do try to read more carefully in future to avoid unpleasant misunderstandings.

And I really did like that you apologised.

I will edit my post though.

Last edited:
Hmmm I don't think a straw poll here would be very kind to you.

for what it's worth...

100_1977.jpg

all the fuck i give re your popularity contest.

Last edited:
Me and sb have had our differences in the past but hes one of the most intelligent and principled posters here and definitely not a racist.

Just to be clear I've not accused him of racism, he tried to attach some nasty shit to my point of view and got some of the filth on his sleeve... but I don't think seventh bullet is an anti-semite and haven't said so. I just think he's an idiot.

Maybe you should have a look at what sources you post from more carefully in the future then.

On balance i'm fine with posting that article, it is a valid analysis in my view. Seventh bullet posted the anti-semite shit specifically to undermine the sites credentials as a 'left-wing anti-imperialist site', which is a claim I never made of it. He also acknowledged that were it a youtube link for example he wouldn't have bothered.

It's worth editing the post or something so there's no ambiguity. Lurkers can pick up on this kind of thing and get it arseways. Remember how Skynews put up a screenie of a post from a thread on here not so long ago.

mango5 - it'd be nice if you edited your quoted post as well ta. For the record, since you're not expected to go through 300 pages, SB has been one of the most interesting posters on this thread and subject imo.
I'm on it. Liking the temporary real-time fallible open modding in action, and your responses. Can y'all take your group hug over to the Brixton forum please? ;)

I am behind the times. Whats all this then?

Already there are rumblings of public discontent.

"I have seen this with my own eyes, on the battlefield and in the army headquarters, how military action is planned and executed," Semyon Semenchenko, commander of the volunteer Donbass battalion, told the BBC.

"I can assure you that we lost Debaltseve not because of the Russian military advantage, but because our generals refuse to take responsibility," he said.

Mr Semenchenko has proposed a "parallel" co-ordinating structure for the volunteer battalions fighting in the east. So far 13 battalion leaders have signed up, including Dmytro Yarosh of the nationalist Right Sector.

Mr Semenchenko insists this is not to replace, but to help, the army's general command in "information exchange, planning, logistical assistance and facilitating mobilisation."

Still, his announcement raised concerns. Eight battalion commanders have refused to join the body, calling on Mr Semenchenko to "end his daily populist and PR statements".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-31552773

Story here. Did they think they could just come back and carry on as if they'd been away for a holiday? :confused:

MADRID (AFP) - Police on Friday arrested eight Spaniards who they said had returned from fighting alongside pro-Russian forces in eastern Ukraine, sources close to the investigation said.

Officers detained the eight suspects in six regions across Spain, the interior ministry said in a statement. A source described them as "pro-Russian" and far-left in ideology.

"Eight Spanish combatants have been arrested who had returned from Ukraine after taking part in the conflict in the Donbass region, in which they are accused of various crimes", the government statement said.

The source close to the investigation said the charges could include possession of weapons of war, complicity in homicide and violating Spain's neutrality in the Ukraine conflict.

8 Spanish volunteers from the #404 have just being arrested at a sapinsh airport!

Eight youths were arrested and accused of terrorism in a police operation ordered by Judge Santiago Pedraz, which took place Friday in the provinces of Asturias, Catalonia, Extremadura, Madrid, Murcia and Navarra. They were released the same day. One of them is Madrid's Sergio Becerra. We spoke with him by phone to learn the circumstances in which the operation occurred.

We are not terrorists. We went to Donbass to defend the civilian population and are proud of it. The governments arming and supporting Ukrainian Nazis, like Spain, are the terrorists. Those who came into our homes and took us at gunpoint are terrorists. They say that we have violated the neutrality of Spain. It is stunning. They have violated neutrality by supporting NATO and financing the Ukrainian Nazi battalions.

http://redstaroverdonbass.blogspot.ru/2015/03/arrested-spanish-volunteer-terrorists.html

Back
Top Bottom