Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukip - why are they gaining support?

The question UKIP has now is how they are going to harness this short wave of anger, how they're going to integrate it into their activity - to keep the people it washes up.

It occurs to me that Farage has missed a huge trick: after he got chased out of Scotland, he could have said that it was such a shame as he was going to speak on the importance of having a referendum..../quote]

It looks like like he might have missed another one. Nick Griffin has just laid flowers at the site. The first 'national' political figure to do so

When is the next big test, is it the Euro elections 2014 or are there elections prior to that?

Euro 2104. By elections inbetween i expect - and hope. There are tests, proper tests, just not electoral tests, before then. To clean the stable, to build up a trusted competent layer around Farage and to establish some roots in w/c areas.

Maybe that's just a sinister plan to split the 'centre left' to compensate for the damage done to the tory vote.

Sked is a bitter old fool still angry at farage who he has tried to suggest is privately an open racist before. Talking of UKIP and the far-right, what happened to Sked's former BNP mate and UKIP NEC member Mark Deavin who he brought into the party and who edited the anti-semitic booklet that Nick Griffin was found guilty of inciting racial hatred for? Not with a shitty bargepole.

UKIP will be be very very happy indeed that the European Commission’s today decided to take the UK to the European Court of Justice over the ‘right to reside’ test applied to EU migrants trying to access certain welfare benefits - weeks and weeks of eu/immigration/benefits stuff coming up. Cameron will be fuming - silly backfiring sort of warning from EU to him to stop messing about that actually means he can only move even further towards the euroscpetics in the party and nationally.

Useful factual summary here.

UKIP will be be very very happy indeed that the European Commission’s today decided to take the UK to the European Court of Justice over the ‘right to reside’ test applied to EU migrants trying to access certain welfare benefits - weeks and weeks of eu/immigration/benefits stuff coming up. Cameron will be fuming - silly backfiring sort of warning from EU to him to stop messing about that actually means he can only move even further towards the euroscpetics in the party and nationally.

Useful factual summary here.

Drunken Shit just now on R4 arguing the toss over this issue. I think, (if my hearing was correct), he dismissed Falange's contribution to the discussion as "gash comments".:eek:

Alan Sked, who helped set up UKIP is now calling for a UKIP of the centre left, some remarkably compassionate ok policies, but a dubious character

One of those who fancies himself as a philosopher king, but is unfortunately not as smart as he thinks he is.

He starts out with a boilerplate attack on "the sleep of reason breeds monsters" thing and then repeats all the obvious tropes of the same rationalist progressivism he claims to deride. I mean, look at this, for g-d's sake:

Perhaps an independent Britain could negotiate a confederation of the British Isles with the Irish Republic to help solve Ireland's problems.

maybe Proletarian democracy coul dhave a popular front with NUKIP

my ukip supporting nan was going on to me the other day about "the far right are rising all over europe and we'll be thrown out of the country" er yeah thanks gran, let me eat my dinner :eek:

she's scarily well informed, still goes to a politics discussion group for the elderly every week :D she loves Nigel Farage tho lol

Drunken Shit just now on R4 arguing the toss over this issue. I think, (if my hearing was correct), he dismissed Falange's contribution to the discussion as "gash comments".:eek:

I've listened again, (27.40 - 28.05), and it does sound like he called Falange's statements "gash comments".

Unless my understanding of slang is woefully defecient, that sounds like a wholly inappropriate word for a minister of state to use?

Back
Top Bottom