Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

U.K. Heat and Buildings Strategy, £450m available to homeowners

And yet the supply line and discharge line follow each other almost perfectly. So my previous statement still stands. :confused:
You said the last two peaks correspond to when the pump is running. They are actually directly before the pump starts up, as can be seen on the new graph.

Had a quick look on eBay for a cable percussion drilling rig to see if I could knock out a borehole in my tiny back yard for a ground source system, but sadly nothing there. It’s sandstone at 0.7m bgl so might take me a few years to get to 180m. Maybe a part-time hobby for me.

I’d actually be quite interested in an electric boiler as we don’t have a lot of outside wall space (we’re in a very deep terrace), so not needing to use some of this for the gas boiler would be a bonus.

Had a quick look on eBay for a cable percussion drilling rig to see if I could knock out a borehole in my tiny back yard for a ground source system, but sadly nothing there. It’s sandstone at 0.7m bgl so might take me a few years to get to 180m. Maybe a part-time hobby for me.

I’d actually be quite interested in an electric boiler as we don’t have a lot of outside wall space (we’re in a very deep terrace), so not needing to use some of this for the gas boiler would be a bonus.
I’m not sure the authorities are too keen on people drilling their own boreholes in their back garden, probably some kind of permit is required to stop people puncturing gas mains / flooding tube tunnels / disturbing Maggie Thatcher in hell - that kinda thing.

The ground source systems come into their own in really cold ambient temps, which the U.K. doesn’t often get, so the cheaper to buy air source heat pumps are really a better option.

Back
Top Bottom