Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Turkey, ISIS, Kurds and Syria

Iraqi forces moving into Kirkuk with stories of PUK agreement, KDP disarray and retreat and PKK resistance. Turkey apparently pressuring Iraq to cooperate in removing all PKK and YPG fighters from Iraq. Meanwhile YPG/YPJ prepare for Turkish and Turkish proxy assault on Afrin province in Syria.

I think this row is genuinely the most idiotic thing I have ever heard of, even by the standards previously set by things related to Iraq.

Perhaps, but the Iraqi attacks are being materially backed by Iran and politically by Turkey for all the obvious reasons.

Meanwhile the Kurds are angry that they are receiving no support from the US and western allies in this. Unfortunately for my part i felt ages ago that they would be hung out to dry once their usefulness was over.

Perhaps, but the Iraqi attacks are being materially backed by Iran and politically by Turkey for all the obvious reasons.

Meanwhile the Kurds are angry that they are receiving no support from the US and western allies in this. Unfortunately for my part i felt ages ago that they would be hung out to dry once their usefulness was over.
Leave off -this is barzani overreach from 2014 - there is no 'the kurds' apart from an authoritarian kleptocracy that we're all being elbowed into supporting. If we again reduce this *kurds* to the KRG then there is no point. Death to the KRG. Death to Kurds.

Lol don't give me this 'leave off' stuff. I am well aware of the kleptocracy that is the Barzani government. The sense I get from reading the various people that I'm following on Twitter is that it's that it's not just the peshmerga but ordinary Kurds that are feeling betrayed.

Lol don't give me this 'leave off' stuff. I am well aware of the kleptocracy that is the Barzani government. The sense I get from reading the various people that I'm following on Twitter is that it's that it's not just the peshmerga but ordinary Kurds that are feeling betrayed.
They HAVE been betrayed. By who ? Barzani clan. What could be the prize of non-betrayal - war with the US -backed iraqi state. Back to 2003 you go.

But here we have a situation where two forces are fighting each other with weapons and vehicles supplied by the US. i agree that at the end of the day the US will always come down on the side of the Iraqi government, but apparently they tried to broker a deal but the offer came too late. Also you cannot ignore the interests of Iran and Turkey in all this who have absolutely zero interest in any kind of Kurdish state.

Is that directed at me? Because if it is I never stopped caring. But I only see the point of posting the bigger stuff that happens as otherwise it's a bit like talking to yourself. Nobody else apart from yourself has commented so I surmise that nobody much cares either. That and maybe 'conflict fatigue'.

Is that directed at me? Because if it is I never stopped caring. But I only see the point of posting the bigger stuff that happens as otherwise it's a bit like talking to yourself. Nobody else apart from yourself has commented so I surmise that nobody much cares either. That and maybe 'conflict fatigue'.

No, sorry. Facebook friends who never said a thing when Aleppo was being flattened, or about the brutal siege of Eastern Ghouta, but now Erdogan is the most evil man in the world and they are running about crying about a 'genocide' happening in Syria.

Ah ok apologies. To compare and contrast I have one other fb friend who posts about stuff happening in the region and that's pretty much it.

Back
Top Bottom