Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

This is where the transphobes bizarre obsession with toilets leads - security policing women's areas and dragging women out of them to physically assault them.

I hope anyone transphobic reading this has the nous to understand this is what you call for, and could end up with you being dragged out of a loo and assaulted too.
Well fucking done slow clap

Seeing social media claims of some horrible shit happening at Bangface this weekend - original post seems to be:

View attachment 445766
Original poster has now added "Update: I have now had a meeting with Butlins about the security response, two of the security team involved have already been removed from the event staff, according to Butlins they are investigating and reviewing further".
Fucking pricks. Not a total surprise as every time I went to bloc the security guards employed by Butlins Minehead were fucking awful and it really took away from what was a really good festival. I hope that Bangface are looking into this properly and deal with it - and I hope they have t been the ones to put this into place.

This is where the transphobes bizarre obsession with toilets leads - security policing women's areas and dragging women out of them to physically assault them.

I hope anyone transphobic reading this has the nous to understand this is what you call for, and could end up with you being dragged out of a loo and assaulted too.
Not to mention butch lesbians who've been stopped going into toilets. Collateral damage.

I would be interested in Bangface’s position on this. It won’t have been their decision - of that I am sure. I expect them to be on the warpath and to make a statement very soon.
it's going to be a cluster of people pointing at each other as

1. I suspect the security is provided by neither of Bangface or Butlins , instead contracted out to a security firm
2. I suspect that a good proportion of staff that worked for the security firm at Butlins over the summer might have moved on - probably back to Univesrity whether as students themselves or as security staff around either the Students' union' themselves or the 'Student Night Time Environment' ( becaude Normals don't tend to go clubbing on a wednesday night ) which leads to
3. sub contracting and/or the seldom used 'jacket fillers' being used ...

as others have said Security at Butlin's and Butlins themselves don't have the best reputation with minoritised customers.

I get the impression fro mthe Bangface site that having the event a Butlins was a relatively short notice decision as various partod the site refer to things being done as compensation to peopel who booked on for Southport....

Yep, every time this subject comes up I find myself reminded of the fact that Alison Bechdel (yep, that Alison Bechdel, of Bechdel test fame) did a comic about this way back in 1995;

1728413507327.jpeg

It's a feature, not a bug for that lot. They'll pretend otherwise but it's not like they weren't told a hundred times that this is where we'd end up.

The
This is where the transphobes bizarre obsession with toilets leads…

I thought the toilets thing was more of a US issue.

Seems astonishing for this to happen at a festival of all places. Festival organisers must be gutted.

What?
No.
Rowling is one of the main/most famous/vocal proponents of this globally, and she's British.

Afaik in this country we have social conventions around use of toilets, as opposed to laws, which they have in the US.

But regardless of Rowling (I haven’t seen everything she has tweeted and guess I must have missed something ), all of the wrangling I’ve seen over toilets specifically has been from the US.

Afaik in this country we have social conventions around use of toilets, as opposed to laws, which they have in the US.

But regardless of Rowling (I haven’t seen everything she has tweeted and guess I must have missed something ), all of the wrangling I’ve seen over toilets specifically has been from the US.
I'm not going to get drawn into this any further, but you're wrong.

I was at a venue at the weekend and there was quite a lot of nasty transphobic graffiti in one of the toilet cubicles specifically relating to trans people using toilet facilities.

I do feel as though I and other LGBTQ+ people here have a little more personal experience of this, and probably a bigger stake in the "toilet panic" that is going on, than some other demographics of contributors to this thread.

No idea, is your girlfriend in men’s loos often?
Never.

I got chased out of the mens loos at the Embassy club in 1982, but that's another story .

The question is - do masc trans people get challenged/ chased out out of gents loos? Is that even a problem?

Edit to add: or do femme / androgenous cis men have this problem in mens loos either?

Never.

I got chased out of the mens loos at the Embassy club in 1982, but that's another story .

The question is - do masc trans people get challenged/ chased out out of gents loos? Is that even a problem?

I wasn’t sure whether that was what you meant. I’m not aware of any cases myself.

We have a trans masc poster or two on here who could give a better account, but I’ve never heard of such an issue myself.

Google would likely spit something out but I expect it is v rare.

Edit response: I doubt this also (about androgynous men). Men really don’t talk in the loo.

Last edited:
Would you post similar sort of shit-stirring stuff on a thread about racial hate crimes?
No.
So don't shit-stir on the trans hate crimes thread. Please.

You mean would I ask whether someone’s black partner was often in the “whites only” area?

I’d bloody hope not, would be a bit of a regression.

This is weird. I've been seething since Saturday, when I went to one of my semi-regular meets with some people who do puzzles in pubs (I don't mean pub quizzes, we bring our own to share or do communally). I went to the loo, only to find my way blocked by a man I (erroneously) thought was an employee of the pub. He said I was going to the wrong one, this was the ladies. I said I knew. He didn't apologise; he just said he didn't look like a woman. I ignored him and went past him.

But I was angry when I came out, so I asked for his name -- as I said, I thought he worked there and was going to complain, but it emerged that he didn't. He was just another punter 'protecting his daughter', a teenager who was with him. I admit to being perhaps over the top in verbal abuse, but after all he had started it, and I'd been drinking orange juice. (All my most vehement arguments in pubs take place when I'm stone cold sober; alcohol would have made me think 'fuck, it's not worth it'.)

It transpired that one of the two members of my group who didn't witness this, but eventually became aware of it, seemed to think it was to be expected, because I didn't look traditionally female, and after all, he had to think of his daughter, didn't he? Mind you, he's always been a bit of a fuckwit.

🎯🎯🎯
What?
No.
Rowling is one of the main/most famous/vocal proponents of this globally, and she's British.
worse than that she actually funds anti trans groups.

Sorry to hear you experienced that ouirdeaux - and yep this is the place where the toilet police get us to - judging on looks whether you're allowed to go for a piss or not.
And also hard to hear that you didn't get immediate support from the people you were with :(
Yup and we’ve seen Black and Brown women being victimised in various sectors as a result too. White feminism is really a big problem…

Back
Top Bottom