Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

He doesn't appear (based on an interview I heard on Thursday) to know the difference between 'free rein' and 'free range'. Not really a big deal if he were working in care or in a call centre or driving a van, but I want my health secretary to at least possess basic literacy.

He doesn't appear (based on an interview I heard on Thursday) to know the difference between 'free rein' and 'free range'. Not really a big deal if he were working in care or in a call centre or driving a van, but I want my health secretary to at least possess basic literacy.

He also doesn't appear to know the difference between puberty blockers and cross sex hormones which are actually what can cause potentially irreversible changes and which are still available for under 18s and which would be the usual proscribing route for those over 16. There is little point blocking puberty when it's almost over and the practice alleged at The Tavistock where they forced 16/17 year olds to go on blockers for a year before being eligible for hormones was just medically absurd gatekeeping.

Most of those spouting off about this, including Streeting, don't even understand the most basic facts of trans healthcare. But then this isn't really about medicine. Puberty blockers have become totemic in the (mostly online) crusade against trans people. Most of them don't actually give a shit about the evidence, they just want the win, a big point scored over the so-called trans lobby. You can see that in the reaction to Cass which despite it's many flaws does not actually call for blockers to be banned and acknowledges they are the right course of action in some cases.

That's the Cass report they hold up as gospel, which they've managed to spin as calling for a complete end to youth transition when it doesn't say that at all. Facts don't matter. The kids don't matter. Not even Cass matters. Winning the argument and hurting trans people is all that's important.

I would say some regret this treatment.
Regret rates for Gender affirming treatments are less than 1 %

Regret rates for other common surgical procedures are much , much higher - but oddly enough people aren;t calling for total knee arthroplasty to be banned...

Not if Wes makes it a permaban.

Labour are at best sending out mixed messages on trans issues. Are they so depserate to avoid the ire of Rowling and Glinner?
we shall see what the finding of the court hearing on friday 12th July was in due course

we'll also see if the Government takes heed of the International consensus on the clear failings of the Cass report and it's pre-determined outcomes

Last edited:
He also doesn't appear to know the difference between puberty blockers and cross sex hormones which are actually what can cause potentially irreversible changes and which are still available for under 18s and which would be the usual proscribing route for those over 16. There is little point blocking puberty when it's almost over and the practice alleged at The Tavistock where they forced 16/17 year olds to go on blockers for a year before being eligible for hormones was just medically absurd gatekeeping.

Most of those spouting off about this, including Streeting, don't even understand the most basic facts of trans healthcare. But then this isn't really about medicine. Puberty blockers have become totemic in the (mostly online) crusade against trans people. Most of them don't actually give a shit about the evidence, they just want the win, a big point scored over the so-called trans lobby. You can see that in the reaction to Cass which despite it's many flaws does not actually call for blockers to be banned and acknowledges they are the right course of action in some cases.

That's the Cass report they hold up as gospel, which they've managed to spin as calling for a complete end to youth transition when it doesn't say that at all. Facts don't matter. The kids don't matter. Not even Cass matters. Winning the argument and hurting trans people is all that's important.
The nuanced Criticism of Cass over blockers is two fold

1. that the evidence dismissed as 'low quality' is implied to be be poor evidence and doesn't actually take account of the requirements for 'High Quality' evidence or the fact that GRADE is not meant to be applied mechanistically ( and isn;t in other apsects of healthcare)

2. the suggestion that the only way to access them on the NHS is to be part of a long term Research projects, despite
a. the medication is licenced in the paediatric population for different indications
b. the coercive nature of the treatment only being offered within the trial is a breach of the Nuremburg code https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM199711133372006
c. there being 35 years of experience in the use of this class of medication in the indication of ' suspension of puberty in Gender incongruent adolescents'
d. WPATH 7 and 8 guidelines and their underpinning evidence bases, as well as numerous national guideliens elsewhere in the world including Canada, Spain. Australia and Aotearoa /New Zealand.

Anyone who thinks trans kids shouldn't be given blockers needs to first explain this.

View attachment 433209

Explain what?

I thought the use of these drugs for precocious puberty was common knowledge. Has certainly been discussed on these boards plenty.

This doesn’t mean they were deemed safe, either. They were used initially off-label (which is different to being “prescribed normally”) after careful consideration of the balance of risks. I think later licensing may have been patchy. There was also some occasional use on unusually small children to allow them to “catch up” before hitting puberty (which then determines the final height they may reach). There has been a little controversy about this.

Not that it really impacts on the row about trans kids - it would be an entirely different risk assessment.

Unfortunately, due to inadequate follow up, it seems that lots of data on these previously treated children with regard to long term effects on cognitive function, fertility etc. has been lost.

Fair to say they were sometimes considered safe enough to offset the serious risks that occur from eg. the beginning of menstruation in a 7 year old.

Last edited:
Explain what?

I thought the use of these drugs for precocious puberty was common knowledge. Has certainly been discussed on these boards plenty.

This doesn’t mean they were deemed safe, either. They were used initially off-label (which is different to being “prescribed normally”) after careful consideration of the balance of risks. I think later licensing may have been patchy. There was also some occasional use on unusually small children to allow them to “catch up” before hitting puberty (which then determines the final height they may reach). There has been a little controversy about this.

Not that it really impacts on the row about trans kids - it would be an entirely different risk assessment.

Unfortunately, due to inadequate follow up, it seems that lots of data on these previously treated children with regard to long term effects on cognitive function, fertility etc. has been lost.

Fair to say they were sometimes considered safe enough to offset the serious risks that occur from eg. the beginning of menstruation in a 7 year old.
So they've been banned for trans kids, but they still use them for cis kids, and you don't see a problem with that? Fucks sake!! It's like going round i ever decreasing circles. It makes me think its me going mad. I guess that's what cis people want.

Yes fair play. He did actually throw an insult in the second half of that post.

He does recognize that he's been out of order, but that isn't always a lot of help.

So they've been banned for trans kids, but they still use them for cis kids, and you don't see a problem with that? Fucks sake!! It's like going round i ever decreasing circles. It makes me think its me going mad. I guess that's what cis people want.

Yeah, cis people bad.

Explain what?

are you trolling ?

are you more interested in the sexual function of children than them not un-aliving themselves ?

GnRH analogues have been used in the treatment of Adolescents with Gender Incongruence for 35 years

Back
Top Bottom