Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

This is fucking mental considering all the evidence suggests affirmative care is the only one that works. If America is against it then its going to impact globally. That's a lot suffering ahead for trans people.

1720021094456.png

I think too much is made of this autism/trans crossover. I knew someone who researched this and she described it as a "slight blip" of transgender among autistic people compared to the general population, easily explainable just by the fact that we autistic people know ourselves very well, and we do not compromise, because compromise makes us ill.

It really really upsets and frightens me how normalised people being openly Nazi has become. I mean, Jews won't get it in the neck first if there's a second Holocaust, it'll be Muslims or trans people, but we won't be far off.

All the people defending Power are ignoring the fact she said she was a fucking Nazi.
Disabled people also getting far more shit now than they did a few years ago. And disabled people are a traditional enemy of Nazis as are trans people (all LGBT+ people in fact).

Disabled people also getting far more shit now than they did a few years ago. And disabled people are a traditional enemy of Nazis as are trans people (all LGBT+ people in fact).
First and foremost, people with intellectual disabilities. It's rarely in the news but they're already treated like shit and often the last to be considered even in ~disability rights~ circles.

Also, just revisiting the Nina Power stuff, a lot of it is really dark but this properly made me laugh out loud:
1720024509403.png
At this point, I really thought that everything there was to be said about that Vampire Castle essay, positive or negative, had already been said, but fair play, I don't think anyone else has come out with "Mark Fisher was writing to warn people about real actual literal vampires who vant to suck your blood."
What is her pre-boring crank reputation based on? I read One Dimensional Woman years ago and it was alright from what I remember but I didn't get a lot from it, I don't know about anything else she did though.
Yeah, think ODW was her only or at least her main pre-crank book, but think she was part of that whole Fisher/Reynolds blogging scene, wrote various articles and things - I remember this being really good, for instance. And I've got a Freedom Press collection of anti-work essays that she did an intro for, so there's an answer to a niche pub quiz question about "what links Freedom Press with Mein Kampf?" She was very involved with the 2010-era anti-fees stuff as well.

Because Putin is a big JKR supporter and Russia hates trans people. Mind you, it's not much fun for cis women but your average TERF won't care about that.
I'm pretty sure Russian bots make a lot of TERFery online as it's a great wedge to split the left with.

First and foremost, people with intellectual disabilities. It's rarely in the news but they're already treated like shit and often the last to be considered even in ~disability rights~ circles.
Autistic people often seem happy to throw other autistic people, who don't meet their personal standards, under the bus.

Also, just revisiting the Nina Power stuff, a lot of it is really dark but this properly made me laugh out loud:
View attachment 431747
At this point, I really thought that everything there was to be said about that Vampire Castle essay, positive or negative, had already been said, but fair play, I don't think anyone else has come out with "Mark Fisher was writing to warn people about real actual literal vampires who vant to suck your blood."

Yeah, think ODW was her only or at least her main pre-crank book, but think she was part of that whole Fisher/Reynolds blogging scene, wrote various articles and things - I remember this being really good, for instance. And I've got a Freedom Press collection of anti-work essays that she did an intro for, so there's an answer to a niche pub quiz question about "what links Freedom Press with Mein Kampf?" She was very involved with the 2010-era anti-fees stuff as well.
Maybe you had to be there I never really followed that stuff apart from reading Power's book and the Mark Fisher one (which I felt the same about as Power's to be honest), and maybe the contrast with the stuff she writes now makes her earlier work seem more radical or important somehow. Anyway doesn't really matter, obviously if you found it valuable fair enough!

I had a glance at her x feed yesterday, mainly she just seems unbelievably dull and the level of engagement with her magzine pretty much non existent. Can't imagine her teehee mein kampf! fascist troll account did a lot to fill the void.

Yep. I'm autistic, I identify as disabled. Mate crime is apparently on the increase with autistic people.

ETA: Cloo, there is a Sex and Gender subforum but the trans shit gets EVERYWHERE. It even gets into pet threads. AIBU is full of anti-trans crap, Scotsnet is full of it as well because they hate the SNP there. Black Mumsnet isn't - some of them are GC but they're generally sick of the racism on FWR and the support for the far right.
Have to say this is my experience of M*msnet, on which I lurk but don't post.

It's an enormous, highly influential forum - e.g. they get high-ranking political figures coming along for Q&As, it's a household name, etc. I do find some of the posts verge on hate speech, maybe not even 'verge on' and wonder if more should be done about that.

Have to say this is my experience of M*msnet, on which I lurk but don't post.

It's an enormous, highly influential forum - e.g. they get high-ranking political figures coming along for Q&As, it's a household name, etc. I do find some of the posts verge on hate speech, maybe not even 'verge on' and wonder if more should be done about that.
here's a thread on there which is basically personal abuse aimed at me, and none of it remotely accurate, or rooted in any kind of reality. Lots of insinuating that i'm a pedo or a rapey male by people i've never even met.

Because Putin is a big JKR supporter and Russia hates trans people. Mind you, it's not much fun for cis women but your average TERF won't care about that.
All of Russia?

Not having a pop, but some years back I said that the country wasn't gay friendly and would not wish to visit the place.

Received a strong but fair telling off for generalising about an entire people/country.

Oh, true, not all Russians are homophobes and LGBT Russians do exist. No matter how homophobic or transphobic a country is, there will always be an LGBT population. I spoke to one a few years ago, she was a lesbian who was a friend of a friend and she talked to us in a Zoom chat while walking through a snowy street. But Putin is cracking down on gay rights and, in general, it's not the safest of places to be openly LGBT. I mean, there are people blacking out rainbows because they're gay propaganda, for fuck's sake.

I used to be on Mumsnet because I'm a huge Chalet School fan and I love their Chalet School threads, but I got banned and it's probably for the best. There's some utter dickhead in the black subforum trying to convince people to vote Reform. They'll make us just like China! They'll give SAHMs support! They're not racist! The country was better 10 years ago! Etc.

Can you elaborate a bit?

1. becasue their views on sex and gender are more in line with that of one V Putin
2. becasue of the suggestions that as wass as US religious right money, support and/or funding for homophobia and transphobia is being routed from Russia as part of their plans to destabilise the degenerate west

This is fucking mental considering all the evidence suggests affirmative care is the only one that works. If America is against it then its going to impact globally. That's a lot suffering ahead for trans people.

View attachment 431734
it says nothing of the sort

there is a pervasive myth , based on a few edge cases where young trans men have accessed top surgery under 18 and a even smaller number of trans women have accessed GCS post the local to them age of medicla responsibility but under 18 that there is wholesale Surgical gender reassignment going on with young people

the continuum of Gender affirming care includes gnRH naloguies and hormonal therapies

Gender affriming surgeries should only be performed where the individual can give full and informed consent and in mostp laces around the world , that is only assumed to be the norm from 16 /17 or 18 depending on the statue and case law, while the likes of Gillick can be applied here the burden of proof is on the young person and the Health professional to prove competence , rather than the converse presumption with adults where there has to be both a good ground for suspicion that an adult may not have capacity and then it has to be tested ona subject / issue specific basis.

it;s very much an intersection of ablism and misogyny , hence the faux concern of 'protecting' young neuro diverse peopel experiencing Gender incongruence by asserting that neurodiversity automatically means Mental capacity is impaired

I think too much is made of this autism/trans crossover. I knew someone who researched this and she described it as a "slight blip" of transgender among autistic people compared to the general population, easily explainable just by the fact that we autistic people know ourselves very well, and we do not compromise, because compromise makes us ill.
similar issues also explain the different patterns in ages of coming out of those who are not (diagnosed or do not meet the diagnostic criteria) neurodiverse and their abilities or otherwise at masking plus learned behaviours etc.

such as those criticising all the trans women who came out i ntheir 30s having gone to school in the S.28 era...

Ick. I expect they have assessed that it is a winnable fight.
Christian Concern don;t go for winnable they go for maximum painting themselves as victims , they;ve lost so many cases i nthe past usuually those where people get sacked for evangelising , but they also put up Contranthe to represent ' Keira' Bell in the case against GIDS that got overturned at appeal

Just because it's good to see. Here's a thread from Xwitter featuring Wizard Lady getting absolutely fucking rinsed by someone who brings the receipts.

Just because it's good to see. Here's a thread from Xwitter featuring Wizard Lady getting absolutely fucking rinsed by someone who brings the receipts.

I can’t really tell from this post what is meant to be going on here. Do I need a Twitter account?

Starmer supporters on X are particularly irksome right now. You'd think they'd be happy but they are all out there gunning for left wing ex Labour, not even considering that we didn't leave Labour, Labour excluded us in many cases, told us they didn't need us, or want us. Also they really hate the fuckin Greens don't they? More than they hate Tories.

edit - i seem to have posted this in the wrong thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom