Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Transgender hate crimes recorded by police go up 81%

You're assuming it's a coherent and consistent ideology. The gender critical position on any subject is what makes trans people look bad. It doesn't matter that it contradicts other positions they hold. So trans women are trying to force lesbians to have sex with them, but also trying to turn all young lesbians into men. Or hormones turn people into lifelong medical patients racked by side effects with crumbling bones, but people on hormones are also going to take over women's sports. Or gender is a social construct consisting purely of stereotypes which trans people reinforce, but also men are so inherently violent that even a trans child raised as a girl since infancy who never went through male puberty is as inherently violent as a cis man.
There's also - trans people are powerful and threaten society, and have captured all the major institutions, but also, there's a tiny, tiny number of them and they are all failed men or easily influenced women, usually suicidal, and unable to think clearly about anything.

This, and I wonder how we got to this stage bearing in mind that trans people are a tiny minority (around 0.2 - 0.5%, I believe).

What actually drives peoples like JK Rowling and Graham Linehan? Both were successful writers so don't need to solicit attention this way. It's as if, now, they want to define themselves by being anti-trans rather than successful writers. I mean, why?
In societies that are accepting it can rise to over 1%. The reason it remains so low here is because most of us remain in hiding. Any of us who have been out and available to be contacted, as i have been in the past can attest to just how many trans people are in the closet, usually pre transition, but sometimes even post transition, which is how I live now. Nobody knows i'm trans other than my doctor, my employer and a few friends.

Of course its this initial rise from about .2% to something approaching 1% that causes so may cis people to panic. They can't accept the truth that society is so toxic to us we choose to stay hidden, and that until 5/6 years ago, it seemed as if things had got a lot better so our number rose - from almost nothing to a measurable number.

(sorry due to sticky keys on keypad I've had to extensively edit this after posting - plus i forgot something i wanted to say).

Last edited:
in societies that are accepting it can rise to over 1%. The reason it remains so low here is because most of us remain i hiding. Any of us who have been out and available to contacted, as i have been in e past can attest to just how many rans people are in the closet, usually pre transition, but sometimes even post transition, which is how i live now. Nobody knows i'm trans other than my doctor, my employer and a few friends.
Even 1% is tiny - the level of attention this issue gets is out of all proportion. I just don't get why some people are so incensed about it, and disproportionately obsessed with it.

the right / far right need an 'other' and racism / homophobia doesn't 'sell' the way they used to...
Yes, there is the fascist element with the 'strongman' stereotype, anti-abortion (and other anti-feminist) shit and so on, promoting extreme gender stereotypes which will include being anti- anyone who doesn't conform to those.

But loathsome as they are, I wouldn't class Rowling or Linehan as extreme right, and anti-trans views seem to have really seeped into the mainstream. I find it particularly disturbing that these views are being espoused by people who call themselves feminists, but that might be naive and rose-tinted spectacled of me.

There's also - trans people are powerful and threaten society, and have captured all the major institutions, but also, there's a tiny, tiny number of them and they are all failed men or easily influenced women, usually suicidal, and unable to think clearly about anything.

There is a second principle as well to be fair. The first principle is that in any situation whatever can be constructed to paint trans people in the worst possible light is the gender critical position. The second is that when this is impossible, such as trans people being murdered, then the gender critical position is whatever minimises any public sympathy for trans people - so the Nazis didn't target trans people because they never used the word trans, the rise in hate crimes is just misgendering, the trans women who fought at Stonewall weren't trans just cross dressing gay men, suicide studies are made up etc.

Gender critical ideology becomes a lot easier to understand when you realise it has little coherence beyond how can this thing that's happened be spun to incite maximum fear and hatred of trans people.

trans pride last year recruited a huge number of stewards and some very unobtrusive queer security to help the event be safer: The event went well despite 2023 also being a terrible year for trans oppression in the media and on the streets. Stewards are already being recruited and different groups consulted eg the support for disabled people wasn't as inclusive as it could have been and organisers are paying disabled trans people to take take part in focus groups now so as to design better support

( I know that wasn't your main point but I thought it was worth stating).
Robin did go last year and it was fine (and there was a prominent photo of them in Vogue's online story about it!) and I'm sure they'll go this year but I am just so angry things are going backwards to the point that we have to worry more about hatred than we did even a few years ago.

oryx - yes, that's exactly what gets me. Most of these people freaking out about this are never even going to meet a bloody trans person, still less encounter an 'autogynephile rapist' in a public loo. If they just made up their minds to let people lead their goddamn lives they'd be much happier and maybe be able to devote their energies towards things that actually would improve women's safety and people's mental health.

The way they talk about women's sports, you'd think practically every second female athlete was trans. No trans women played in the women's Euros or World Cup (Barbara Banda does not count despite what TERFs think). It's only a tiny handful but to hear them talk you'd think there was this huge takeover going on. And most of them aren't even arsed about women's sports anyway when trans people aren't involved. Riley Gaines has made a whole career out of coming 5th and whining about Lia Thomas.

I'd also agree that most of them have never met a trans person in their lives and never will, but they think there's a trans woman lurking around every corner plotting to rape them.

Yes, there is the fascist element with the 'strongman' stereotype, anti-abortion (and other anti-feminist) shit and so on, promoting extreme gender stereotypes which will include being anti- anyone who doesn't conform to those.
Which is why I really hope to god the Tories aren't let in again because they seem set on going full fash. US has set the trend for enacting policies that there is no popular call for because it makes them look like they are 'doing something' to make the world more like it was 'when everything was better'. And you're seeing women saying they'll vote Tory 'because they care about women' (in the form of being transphobic) - fortunately they are not the sizeable election-swinging group they seem to believe themselves to be but it blows my mind they can believe the Tories give a shit about women. I fully expect the Tories, if given a chance, to curtail maternity rights 'for the sake of productivity' and to quite possibly lean towards anti abortion because... it's 'doing something'.

Even 1% is tiny - the level of attention this issue gets is out of all proportion. I just don't get why some people are so incensed about it, and disproportionately obsessed with it.
wanker;s remorse in the case of the men and internalised misogyny often combined with privlege in the case of the AFAB transphobes

Robin did go last year and it was fine (and there was a prominent photo of them in Vogue's online story about it!) and I'm sure they'll go this year but I am just so angry things are going backwards to the point that we have to worry more about hatred than we did even a few years ago.

oryx - yes, that's exactly what gets me. Most of these people freaking out about this are never even going to meet a bloody trans person, still less encounter an 'autogynephile rapist' in a public loo. If they just made up their minds to let people lead their goddamn lives they'd be much happier and maybe be able to devote their energies towards things that actually would improve women's safety and people's mental health.
autogynephilia exists solely becasue ray Blanchard is a paraphilic gay man with an obsession about trans women , AGP is used to punish those who do not validate his paraphilia

The way they talk about women's sports, you'd think practically every second female athlete was trans. No trans women played in the women's Euros or World Cup (Barbara Banda does not count despite what TERFs think). It's only a tiny handful but to hear them talk you'd think there was this huge takeover going on. And most of them aren't even arsed about women's sports anyway when trans people aren't involved. Riley Gaines has made a whole career out of coming 5th and whining about Lia Thomas.

I'd also agree that most of them have never met a trans person in their lives and never will, but they think there's a trans woman lurking around every corner plotting to rape them.
Blair Hamilton's work for her PhD blows quite a few holes in the myths pushed by the trasnsphobes about women's sport

Last edited:
Using the Cass Report to justify banning trans women from all sports is, well, actually absolutely what trans people and their allies have warned about from the beginning.

Cass has nothing to do with sport, but that doesn't matter eh. It's all good oil for slowly pushing trans women in particular out of public life, and making trans men either victims or misguided etc

The trans misogyny is something eh. Trans women can't be women because women are innocent and victims of men, and trans women are all vicious monsters anyway. Trans men can't be men because they're just innocent confused mentally ill women who don't really think they're men.

At every point agency is stripped from the community, from their right to consent to their ability to play football with other people. Huh, I wonder why there's more incidences of poor mental health in the community, better just take away healthcare just in case.

Last edited:
Using the Cass Report to justify banning trans women from all sports is, well, actually absolutely what trans people and their allies have warned about from the beginning.

Cass has nothing to do with sport, but that doesn't matter eh. It's all good oil for slowly pushing trans women in particular out of public life, and making trans men either victims or misguided etc

The trans misogyny is something eh. Trans women can't be women because women are innocent and victims of men, and trans women are all vicious monsters anyway. Trans men can't be men because they're just innocent confused mentally ill women who don't really think they're men.

At every point agency is stripped from the community, from their right to consent to their ability to play football with other people. Huh, I wonder why there's more incidences of poor mental health in the community, better just take away healthcare just in case.
Lots of hyperbole. Trans women are not banned from all sports they are banned from competing against women in some sports as they have real physical advantages over women, advantages that are purely due to genda factors....trans women are physically different.
it's akin to drug bans and not a misogynistic plot against your community

Lots of hyperbole. Trans women are not banned from all sports they are banned from competing against women in some sports as they have real physical advantages over women, advantages that are purely due to genda factors....trans women are physically different.
This is Muffin. No matter how many times I correct him, he continues to pronounce hyperbole - hyper bowl. It's quite cute actually. Unlike transphobia as an Internet sport, which he finds very distasteful.

IMG-20240407-WA0004.jpg

Dude, shut the fuck up.

The codes are slowly pushing trans women out of women's sport and are using anti trans legislation to be ridiculously intrusive into women, especially young women's bodoes in places like the U.S. In the UK the Govt are fine with that and quote Cass as a reason when talking about it publicly: UK culture secretary urges ban on transgender athletes competing in female-only events

Oh and those advantages you mentioned, yeah this report from the last week found trans women had lower testosterone and higher estrogen than cis women and only beat cis women in hand grip strength - so that's lower v0² max, lower jump height: Strength, power and aerobic capacity of transgender athletes: a cross-sectional study | British Journal of Sports Medicine

Women are significantly different from each other. Ever seen a women's rugby team compared to a netball team or a swim team? Amazingly women contains multitudes but that's a little too complex perhaps.

It's not like a drug ban, it's quack science man. Most trans women have lower testosterone than cis women, so it ain't that. But it's the same quack science thats barred mostly black women from competing at middle distance because their natural hormones are ruled as cheating? Again, dude shut the fuck up.

I’m amazed how much this particular issue comes up. The proportion of trans women in society is tiny. The proportion of elite athletes is also tiny. The intersection of the two tiny groups is a tiny tiny subset. How many elite athlete trans women have I met? None at all. Never mind breaking that down into particular sports. Elite professional tennis playing trans women? I’ve not even heard of one.

I’m surprised anyone has the energy or headspace to have an opinion on this, never mind get all worked up about it on the internet.

Far more to the point is tackling the distress of teenage trans people with hormone blockers. That has the ability to improve people’s life experience and mental well-being. Why wouldn’t you want to do that?

I’m amazed how much this particular issue comes up. The proportion of trans women in society is tiny. The proportion of elite athletes is also tiny. The intersection of the two tiny groups is a tiny tiny subset. How many elite athlete trans women have I met? None at all. Never mind breaking that down into particular sports. Elite professional tennis playing trans women? I’ve not even heard of one.

I’m surprised anyone has the energy or headspace to have an opinion on this, never mind get all worked up about it on the internet.

Far more to the point is tackling the distress of teenage trans people with hormone blockers. That has the ability to improve people’s life experience and mental well-being. Why wouldn’t you want to do that?

Since 2004 when trans people were allowed to compete in the Olympics, there has been 1 trans woman Olympian. There's been some enby and trans masc (I think) playing in the women's football tournaments.

1 trans woman, who did not medal and completed 1 of 3 lifts in her final.

This myth that trans sports people are everywhere is just that, but the right wing latch onto the tiny number of them and scream and scream and scream about it.

They recently forced Parkrun to stop publishing their various individual stats because they managed to get hold of the fact that the third fastest 40-50 year old woman to run Merthyr Tydfil parkrun, or something along those lines, was a trans woman., and started demanding they assess all runners to 'protect women's sport' or some such. This is an event where you sign up with an email address and turn up, the idea it can be policed like that is ridiculous. It's such a nasty little wedge issue.

They recently forced Parkrun to stop publishing their various individual stats because they managed to get hold of the fact that the third fastest 40-50 year old woman to run Merthyr Tydfil parkrun, or something along those lines, was a trans woman., and started demanding they assess all runners to 'protect women's sport' or some such. This is an event where you sign up with an email address and turn up, the idea it can be policed like that is ridiculous. It's such a nasty little wedge issue.
it's telling that the fash scum only care aobut women;s sport when they can attack trans women

it;s telling that the fash scum only care about 'modest' women ( rather than deriding them as 'oppressed letterboxes' or some other Boris like ejaculation) when they can attack trans women .

it's also telling that so many of the 'concerned women' on the internet think that normal gym / swim / sports changing room behaviour is akin to a minor boys public school in the late 1900s ...

Like darts, chess and snooker, and park runs. Also in cycling a large frame is a disadvantage. This pogrom against trans women in women's sports is entirely ideologically driven as none of you can point to any situation where trans women dominated women's sport. Nor does the science show that trans women have a genetic advantage - that's just something you pulled out of your collective asses.

(I know that this aggressive response by me against those who would see me and my kind dead is why i get accused of being a man online, but fuck it, i'm not the one trying to whip up a mass frenzy against extremely vulnerable community members - I've always been just as hardline against racists and misogynists - funnily enough tend to be the same actual people in most cases.)

Since 2004 when trans people were allowed to compete in the Olympics, there has been 1 trans woman Olympian. There's been some enby and trans masc (I think) playing in the women's football tournaments.

1 trans woman, who did not medal and completed 1 of 3 lifts in her final.

This myth that trans sports people are everywhere is just that, but the right wing latch onto the tiny number of them and scream and scream and scream about it.

I still see that poor trans boy who was forced to compete against cis girls in his school wrestling league (by transphobic bigots) as being the fault of trans women, somehow. And of course he is always identified as a boy wanting to be a girl, as opposed to the other way round.

The other thing that pises me off is i constantly see people claiming that no "woman" (ie, trans man) has ever tried to compete against men, so its a non issue. And it doesn't matter how many examples you bring up of trans men winning medals in men's sports, they are unable to take in any data that contradicts their hatred of trans women. And yeah - 98% is hatred of trans women.

Speaking of hate crimes going up can anyone spot when Kellie Jane Keen Minshull visited NZ spouting her insane British transphobia:

View attachment 420269

Reports of hate crimes against trans people jump 42%, spike month of Posie Parker visit

That second bump in October is when some minor parties started yelling about gender ideology in the election we had.
To all those i see on here claiming that "women speaking up" about the "trans menace" and "threat to women" is having no real world effect on trans people's safety are, again, speaking out of their collective arses. We know that this isn't a coincidence, its in fact one of their aims. And its why they do they visible street stuff, pulling in the local fash at the same time to do their dirty work. they learned a lot from Hitler.

This is why i left Urban when i saw the transphobia upticking. I've successfully not been angry about this for a few years a
now and i wanted to keep it that way. but fuck it, I'm angry again now!
You're right to be angry but I wouldn't waste it on obvious trolls like _Russ_

Most urbanites are against the transphobes and the hate spewed by them. Compared to other social media etc, this site is a welcome haven.

You're right to be angry but I wouldn't waste it on obvious trolls like _Russ_

Most urbanites are against the transphobes and the hate spewed by them. Compared to other social media etc, this site is a welcome haven.
Yeah but on Facebook, Twitter and Bluesky i can block the TERFs and transphobes, here they just keep on keeping on, and never go away.

Back
Top Bottom