Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory ex-Minister arrested on suspicion of rape

True, but sometimes it's justified, and this is one of those occasions.

It really just says he's been calling the constituency office and getting nothing from them.

Well, I won't labour the point, but I dunno - think if you're going to do that at least 'noted twat Staines says...' and maybe spoiler code. I have omitted the spoiler code on shitty links before mind you, but y'know - we all strive to be better.

Think that was a rule invented fairly recently (for Mark Francois, possibly).

Thing with the situation as is is that there's a constituency that effectively doesn't currently have a working MP, but the constituents are not supposed to know about it.
That’s true in parliament, but we can blame cliff richard for the rest of the media failing to say so. Good piece in the grauniad on it

As someone on Sky News just said, the MP in question, and his name's all over the net but I won't post it here, has been banned from the Commons but is still free to hold his weekly surgeries in his constituency with the general public, go to schools etc. But not to slurp heavily subsidised pinot noir in westminster. Crazy. Just sack him. Or completely suspend him at least.

That’s true in parliament, but we can blame cliff richard for the rest of the media failing to say so. Good piece in the grauniad on it

I don't blame Cliff Richard for that.

Irrespective of what he may or may not have done. Met tipping off beeb to have a news chopper there coz they were raiding was wrong... Whole approach on Yewtree was iffy as they got Ted Hastings to point out in one the finales of Line of Duty.

What happened to Nigel Evans was pretty shitty too

Last edited:
Some people on Twitter are saying it's about not prejudicing the trial to the point it becomes impossible to hold it, but the guardian article suggests otherwise. But I thought that had been the reason for anonymity in some other high profile cases.

Meanwhile others on Twitter are saying his constituents deserve to know so they can steer well clear of him. Anyway, you can now find his name if you want, but it's not plastered all over the front pages, which is perhaps useful to stop his defence team claiming an unfair trial.

Some people on Twitter are saying it's about not prejudicing the trial to the point it becomes impossible to hold it, but the guardian article suggests otherwise. But I thought that had been the reason for anonymity in some other high profile cases.

Meanwhile others on Twitter are saying his constituents deserve to know so they can steer well clear of him. Anyway, you can now find his name if you want, but it's not plastered all over the front pages, which is perhaps useful to stop his defence team claiming an unfair trial.
So he been charged then??

Maybe, but he should be under full suspension from the party and his job.
I understand the reasons why we might want that, but it's a bit tricky to do it in such a high profile case and still retain his anonymity and also not risk the anonymity of others involved, eg possible accusers.

Tricky shouldn't mean impossible though.

MP Julian Knight has had the Conservative whip suspended after a complaint to police. Must be pretty bad given Rosindell is still there.

Last edited:
From this morning's Politico newsletter:

BREAKING OVERNIGHT: The Tories have removed the party whip from Julian Knight following a complaint made to the Metropolitan Police. He will now sit as an independent MP. There had been growing frustration among female Tory MPs over the past week about the party’s apparent inaction over allegations against Knight, who chaired a DCMS committee hearing as normal on Tuesday. One MP told Playbook they were “sick” of serving in the party against that backdrop.

Perhaps he's one of the unnamed Tory MPs referred to in this Times article from last Saturday. Bit hard to keep up.

Whips warned rape claim Tory about behaviour - The Times (archived)

Goodness, it seems that Julian Knight has been the victim of an appalling miscarriage of justice.

Julian Knight is innocent ok

twitter link

As he said on Tuesday

View attachment ezgif.com-crop.mp4

At least I assume that is what he was talking about.

TBH, I've kind of lost track, given half the Commons seem to be sexual predators or otherwise up to no good. 🤷‍♀️
With quotes the great majority are either from Shakespeare or the bible. With sexual miscreants these days so many seem to be MPS or MPs

• Sad
Reactions: Sue
Back
Top Bottom