Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Top 100 Sources of Truth

Will2403

Hey guys, could you help me put together a quick bulletpoint list of the most useful and important sources of truth available to us? I guess it could be used as an quick reference reading list for those of us who still need plenty of education :)

My starters (in no particular order - numbers just to indication how long the list is - the 100 number is not important really, but didn't want an endless list either)

1 - Noam Chomsky
2 - Howard Zinn
3 - Adam Curtis
4 - Naomi Klein
5 - David Attenborough
6 - Adam Smith
7 - Karl Marx
8 - George Monbiot
9 - John Pilger
10 - Norman Finkelstein
11 - Juan Enriquez
12 - David Harvey
13 - Brian Cox
14 - John Gray
15 - Tony Benn
16 - Che Guevara
17 - Bernie Sanders
18 - Ralph Nader
19 - Arundhati Roy
20 - Ghandi
21 - Schopenhauer
22 - Nelson Mandela
23 - Bill Hicks
24 - Chris Rock
25 - George Carlin
26 - Lenny Bruce
27 - Bob Dylan
28 - Bob Marley
29 - Evo Morales
30 - Wilkinson & Pickett
31 - The Corporation - Docu
32 - The End of Poverty - Docu

List of people Noam Chomsky has influenced - taken from Wiki - Ones in bold are people who's work I am not familiar enough with to judge.
Niall McLaren, Colin McGinn, Edward Said, Christopher Hitchens, Steven Pinker, Peter Ludlow, Tanya Reinhart, Morris Halle, Gilbert Harman, Jerry Fodor, Howard Lasnik, Robert Fisk, Neil Smith, Ray Jackendoff, Norbert Hornstein, Jean Bricmont, Marc Hauser, Norman Finkelstein, Robert Lees, Hugo Chavez, Bill Hicks, Mark Baker, Julian Boyd, Ray C. Dougherty, Derek Bickerton, Amy Goodman, Michael Albert.

Copyrighted_Image_Reuse_Prohibited_266955.jpg

i like the truth. it sort of makes me feel better about myself because at least i'm not the biggest fuck up in the world, the human race is way more fucked up than me. sort of a bad attitude and way of looking at things i suppose :(

I have flashbacks whenever someone uses the word "truth." Usually it means "believe what I tell you and don't question it or I'll stomp you!"

We think too small, like the frog at the bottom of the well. He thinks the sky is only as big as the top of the well. If he surfaced, he would have an entirely different view.

Mao Zedong

jeff rense

Bollocks. He uncritically spreads messages from an array of crackpot theorists and antisemitic paranoid cunts. The ever changing array of bizarre hairstyles/wigs/photoshops that adorn his picture on the website, along with the usual quacktastic snake oil adverts tell discerning minds all they need to know about this weasel.

Bollocks. He uncritically spreads messages from an array of crackpot theorists and antisemitic paranoid cunts. The ever changing array of bizarre hairstyles/wigs/photoshops that adorn his picture on the website, along with the usual quacktastic snake oil adverts tell discerning minds all they need to know about this weasel.

agreed. his website looks like it was built by a wrong'un :(

How about "inspiration", "thought", or "progressive ideas"?

fair enough, didn't realise the word had been devalued. i guess i should have known from the 'truther' movement, but i usually just switch straight off when i detect any conspiraloonery shenanigans.

ok. but overall he was a bit of a murdering tyrannical cunt no?

How does that stop him being a 'source of truth'?

Che Guevara was put in charge of exacting "revolutionary justice" against those considered to be traitors, chivatos (informants) or war criminals.

Nelson Mandela was a terrorist.

ETC.

Your list looks like a first year undergraduates liberal wet dream.

Back
Top Bottom