Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Thread about spiders (not for the arachnophobic!)

Had a massive teg on our kitchen door frame yesterday - I warned OH about it because sometimes when he sees them he screams.
Don't know where it is today, it's moved.
This is fine by me but if OH discovers it somewhere unexpected there may well be screaming.

Oh moochedit you'd have loved it, it was sitting on a bit of the doorframe with all its legs pointed forwards (cowering I think cos I was in and out of the kitchen which alarmed it) - so it looked really narrow but with lots of legs pointing forwards - when I first noticed it, it didn't look like a spider until I made a closer inspection.

Yeah, don't worry about it though - they're pretty shy and even if they do bite, although it's unpleasant it's not dangerous unless you're allergic or something - bit like a wasp sting.
I thought the bites could get nasty? Should I move her out of the bath? She can't get out currently and I need her to get to work killing the midgies that seem to like one corner of my bathroom.

I thought the bites could get nasty? Should I move her out of the bath? She can't get out currently and I need her to get to work killing the midgies that seem to like one corner of my bathroom.
If you lay a towel over the edge of the bath to make a ladder or bridge it will get out on its own

I've been bitten by a couple of them, it hurts as I said about on a par with a wasp sting, one time I got some pain in the local area for a couple of hours and a headache.

It's not in the omg you're going to die league by a long shot. And usually they will try to get away from humans and hide, they aren't in the slightest bit aggressive.

The fear of them is largely due to alarmist/clickbait headlines.

Spider mother and her bairns guarding a room

spider mother and her millions of bairns on an oven

Back
Top Bottom