Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Grapefruit - annoying/not annoying

Grapefruit and medication: views?

• Total voters
Red grapefruit is more unnatural than I realised

In 1929, farmers stumbled on the Ruby Red grapefruit, a natural mutant. Its flesh eventually faded to pink, however, and scientists fired radiation to produce mutants of deeper color — Star Ruby, released in 1971, and Rio Red, released in 1985. The mutant offspring now account for about 75 percent of all grapefruit grown in Texas.

White grapefruit is wonderful. Pink grapefruit is a tad disappointing.

Paradoxically, pink grapefruit juice is better than the white kind.

Grapefruit with sugar is -- well, I was going to say an abomination unto the Lord, but that's a bit harsh. But I can't help thinking it's grapefruit for people who don't like grapefruit, just as Starbucks is coffee for people who don't like coffee.

Like you don't deserve to have grapefruit unless you're prepared to suffer its bitterness. Nah. I like to segment oranges and pink grapefruit into a bowl, add a bit of sugar.

Coffee lovers are weird. It’s a drug not a drink!
All effective drugs taste horrible. Imagine people debating the finer points of the flavour of MDMA.

I love the taste of grapefruit and especially grapefruit juice. But it reacts with several of my many meds. The motherfucker piece of shit.
Yep. Me too.
I love love love grapefruit.
But sadly I had a massive allergic reaction to it... once...after eating 3 in a go.
And now I need to carry an epipen cos wouldn't you know...some shower gels and soaps use grapefruit and I once had a reaction to some fancy shower gel that turned out to have grapefruit in it.

I have to read the tiny print on products...

I miss grapefruit. That tang is unlike anything else.

I love me a pink grapefruit. But pomelos can fuck right off. They don't even have juice.
It's not meant to have juice. Are you hungry or thirsty?

I love pomelo but this thread has just reminded me it interacts with my blood pressure meds. Bollocks.

Some people wantonly put sugar on pretty much everything, or so it seems.
Not having that much of a sweet tooth, the only time I'll reach for it is when I'm baking or cooking (sweet and sour type stuff, or to balance acidity in other ingredients), I'm very rarely inclined to sprinkle it on top of stuff.

Although I did used to put it on kiwi fruit until I realised that I have a topical reaction to them where it is actually burning the skin off the inside of my mouth, rather than "just a bit sour" :D

Some people wantonly put sugar on pretty much everything, or so it seems.
Not having that much of a sweet tooth, the only time I'll reach for it is when I'm baking or cooking (sweet and sour type stuff, or to balance acidity in other ingredients), I'm very rarely inclined to sprinkle it on top of stuff.

Although I did used to put it on kiwi fruit until I realised that I have a topical reaction to them where it is actually burning the skin off the inside of my mouth, rather than "just a bit sour" :D
not really a sweet tooth guy except once every few months i seem to get a bit silly. last week i had 6 bowels of choc weetos in a row at 10pm.

Back
Top Bottom