Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Things that annoy you about your house

Fez909

toilet expert
Get it off your chest, however small. Maybe someone will suggest a simple solution...

In my bathroom, the medicine/bathroom cabinet was installed directly over the toilet. It's too full, so sometimes things fall out. Luckily I'm a good catch, but ocassionally things have fallen into the toilet :mad:

Laminate floors throughout. It's amazing having pets, well just generally really, as it's much easier to keep clean then carpets. The downside is having pets, when the cats decided to start playing silly buggers, there's really not a lot of noise insulation.

Small fridge at ground level at pinch point.

However this was the only place it can go if we also have our kitchen sofa, and our kitchen sofa is great.

The aerial and satellite sockets in the walls do not appear to be connected to an aerial or satellite. The front door makes a eerie whistling noise anytime there's a bit of a breeze. There's barely any storage space. The fiber broadband provider choice is pants.

Otherwise grand.

In my bathroom, the medicine/bathroom cabinet was installed directly over the toilet.

This ^^^ as well.

Plus artex or polystyrene tiled ceilings, green or black walls, leaky old conservatory and shed, overgrown garden, outside also painted bloody green, kitchen and bathroom needing modernisation, new boiler needed at some point, and the list goes on.

But, well, it's a project, and will get done over the next few years.

The aerial and satellite sockets in the walls do not appear to be connected to an aerial or satellite. The front door makes a eerie whistling noise anytime there's a bit of a breeze. There's barely any storage space. The fiber broadband provider choice is pants.

Otherwise grand.

The previous occupiers obviously went to some expense to make sure that there is one in almost every room. I mean how many TVs do you need in a house?

We use none of them.

The previous occupiers obviously went to some expense to make sure that there is one in almost every room. I mean how many TVs do you need in a house?

We use none of them.

I mean, I do have one in every room (except the bathroom), and there are also aerial sockets in each room (it's a modern block of flats so most likely every flat is the same). But no bastard has actually bothered to connect them up to a communal aerial or dish which means for live TV I have to use a portable aerial or use a streaming service.

#FWP

One thing that annoys me about British bathrooms is there's never any power sockets anywhere. Yet this doesn't seem to be an issue if I'm on the continent, or in the USA.

Yeah I know, safety regs. But they should sort this out. I'll take my chances. I don't see an epidemic of bathroom electrocutions happening in Europe, and they have the same (or similar) voltages.

Laminate floors throughout. It's amazing having pets, well just generally really, as it's much easier to keep clean then carpets. The downside is having pets, when the cats decided to start playing silly buggers, there's really not a lot of noise insulation.

Our small but rotund female feline thunders around like an elephant in tackety boots.

This ^^^ as well.

Plus artex or polystyrene tiled ceilings, green or black walls, leaky old conservatory and shed, overgrown garden, outside also painted bloody green, kitchen and bathroom needing modernisation, new boiler needed at some point, and the list goes on.

But, well, it's a project, and will get done over the next few years.

We have Artex on the kitchen ceiling, for 33 years, about annually, we have discussed removing it. It will still be there when we are gone.

We have Artex on the kitchen ceiling, for 33 years, about annually, we have discussed removing it. It will still be there when we are gone.

I got the bloody stuff in the main bedroom, hall & bathroom, I've a got a quote of £1,100 to take them back to flat.

Then bloody polystyrene tiled ceilings in the living room and dining room/bedroom 2, if I take those fuckers down myself, it's another £1000 for those ceilings.

But, well, it needs to be done. 🤷‍♂️

I got the bloody stuff in the main bedroom, hall & bathroom, I've a got a quote of £1,100 to take them back to flat.

Then bloody polystyrene tiled ceilings in the living room and dining room/bedroom 2, if I take those fuckers down myself, it's another £1000 for those ceilings.

But, well, it needs to be done. 🤷‍♂️

Leave the Artex alone, it has asbestos in it. The polystyrene tiles need removed ASAP.

I'm renting at the moment so this could be a big list, but the main things are:

Cooker is on a slant. If I fry stuff, all the oil runs to the front of the pan
One of my blinds is broken and everytime I roll it up, it pops out of it's attachment on the window and falls down.
Next doors baby crys A LOT. They are a lovely family but fucking hell their kid can make some noise.
I've got no outdoor storage. There is a shed but its full of the landlords shit. Subsequently, I haven't got a lawnmower, only a strimmer that I can hide under my bike cover. My lawn is a disaster.

Like I say, there is more but I haven't got all day like.

The toilet roll holder is directly behind you when your in the bombing position rather than discreetly to one side

There is no kitchen fan (the last owners were the for five fucking years the lazy cunts)

Back
Top Bottom