Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

There is no such thing as a five minute job

I had that a couple months ago, ended-up taking one down & removing the back-up battery, just got back to sleep when the second one started chirping, so got up and did the same again, back to sleep, and off goes the third one. :mad:
You found the fire in the morning?

Oh this just get better and fucking better

For the four slice toaster that I've ordered four replacement heating elements for obviously needs FIVE OF THE FUCKING THINGS

And to add insult to fucking injury

The 15 cooking function Ninja cooking doo-dah I've just bought 'twould appear I've bought it from a scammy website that's either conning me out of my money or robbing me or my card details. So now even though I've cancelled the order I can't cancel my bank card because if I do I won't be able to get the promised refund to that card. At least that's what the bank told me.

Fuck sake. Life should not be this hard

I have a toasting fork but it's easier to just toast stuff directly on top of the stove :thumbs:
I suggest you go back and re-read my posts on this thread. I'd most likely burn the fucking house down. On a positive note it would appear that predictive text has finally learned fuck/ing

Are you dessiato 's understudy? 🤣

No

However, in other news. I have recently, on two separate occasions managed to nip with secateurs two fingers whilst aggressively pruning a bush that I want to die

And

Bashed a finger with a hammer hammering in a hammer in jeans button. In my defence, the button incident was quite early this morning. Pre-tea

I moved into a flat in hull on a Friday evening and the electricity company couldn't reconnect the power until Saturday. Made some toast for breakfast using a normal fork Infront of the gas fire. :)

Have done that, thought it tasted a little... gassy... tbh

Maybe my luck is turning. I've got a full refund from the dodgy company that, on the strength of receiving a full refund from, may not be as dodgy as one feared.

Tightening what I'd hoped were merely loose connections on the suspect toaster elements did not result in four even toasted slices of toast this morning however

The saga continues

I fixed the toggle light switch in the bathroom yesterday... The old one finally gave up the ghost. The new one doesn't click with the nice, firm click of the old one. I'm not hopeful of it's quality

Today I shall be replacing the door seals on the woodburner

I'm building up to revisiting the toaster

BTW, have you used your air-fryer yet?

The order was cancelled as the provenance of the company was... questionable

The money, £169, is now safely back in our account

I shall have to, once again, gird my loins and reenter the world of on line shopping. But this time with, at the very least, a quick double check on Trust Pilot

In other news the resealing of both fire doors on the wood burner went swimmingly. If there was ever a job that might fall into the elusive 5 minute category it could be this. Just got my fingers crossed that the glue still sticks

Just double checked the amount refunded and it was £196

Still I'll get to use an airfryer before 'mow mind
Was that a huge one? I got a very well recommended 12l one for like £120 I think. Will take a whole chicken, rotisserie thing, basket turning frier, 3 shelves normally takes loads of stuff, frozen pizzas fit which was a requirement to stop people using the oven. Barely ever turned on now, unless I its a roast or we are roasting off too much veg at once for the air frier. It does leak fat if you don't use the tray properly and you have a 22 year old son who thinks 8 sausages is a great lunch idea however. Our electric usage went down about 1500kwh a year since we got it.

Was that a huge one? I got a very well recommended 12l one for like £120 I think. Will take a whole chicken, rotisserie thing, basket turning frier, 3 shelves normally takes loads of stuff, frozen pizzas fit which was a requirement to stop people using the oven. Barely ever turned on now, unless I its a roast or we are roasting off too much veg at once for the air frier. It does leak fat if you don't use the tray properly and you have a 22 year old son who thinks 8 sausages is a great lunch idea however. Our electric usage went down about 1500kwh a year since we got it.
It’s a 15 different cooking function one

I’m interested in slow cooker, pressure cooker and maybe the airfryer option. The others I'm not so fussed about

It’s a 15 different cooking function one

I’m interested in slow cooker, pressure cooker and maybe the airfryer option. The others I'm not so fussed about
Ah yeh I have one of those too lol got that first years ago, just in time for the slow cooker to break. Unsurprisingly I haven't used the yoghurt making functions or whatever else they are either. Mine was the Instant pot 15 in 1 when it came out, air frier lid is a bit fucked now but it was dropped twice lol. Works great for everything else still years later and air frier if I stuff the sensor down, sure they are like £80 now?

Back
Top Bottom