Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

I've read something about this. For places like the Homicide Dept and COMSTAT they kept an eye out for vacant office space 'downtown' and, I prseume, did very cheap deals. If you look at where the Homicide detectives work it's just a big space with screens to break it up. You really don't see anything except a couple of aisles.

Nothing new there, the beeb have been doing that for years as well.

My fave line from her is when

she shows whats his name the futility of drive by shooting 'In B'More we aim to hit a nigga'
:cool:

yes it would be lunacy to schedule something so minority interest at a peak hour
Not sure it would last five minutes without a Daily Mail outcry.

There is another view though, and that's that it's pretty unforgivable to use it as a late night summer filler between - what was it first, the snooker championships? - and then Glastonbury, and then . . something else. And then it's the family holiday . .

It's all been pretty irregular, which hurts any series.

I'm developing some serious guy love for Carver, the scene with Herc was classic (and a perfect illustration of how very different they've developed as cops) -

"This is an enabling relationship" :D

"So? Enable me Carv" :D

That's a pretty big spoiler, even for the spoiler tag :)

So I'm guessing there's a major incident concerning xxxxxxxx in the near future... Which has spoiled my fun a bit, as I enjoy the fact I don't know how relevent certain characters are in the entire story arc.

Can we agree that if someone wants to post a spoiler, could they not give us any clue about who or what it regards please? I'm probably overreacting but... :hmm:

I'm developing some serious guy love for Carver, the scene with Herc was classic (and a perfect illustration of how very different they've developed as cops) -

"This is an enabling relationship" :D

"So? Enable me Carv" :D

yeah, Carver's ok but he can be a bit of a dick sometimes.

So I'm guessing there's a major incident concerning xxxxxxxx in the near future... Which has spoiled my fun a bit, as I enjoy the fact I don't know how relevent certain characters are in the entire story arc.

Can we agree that if someone wants to post a spoiler, could they not give us any clue about who or what it regards please? I'm probably overreacting but... :hmm:

Oh look I've fuckin gone perpetuated the problem now... this is harder than it looks init Crispy, I take it all back! Thanks for the edit, didn't mean to spoil anyone else's fun who didn't see the previous spoiler or didn't read into it like I did. :)

i imagine that it's the wire fan sites that have made voting on a level with top gear, rather than the other way round

Hey Foo I thought that. I meant to check the actors name. He has been in it for a few weeks playing Donna the nurses dad.

At the moment he is in a critical condition after his op.

I love Lester Freeman.

I wanted an early night last night so I borrowed the S4 boxset for an early screening. End result was me finally calling it a night around just before 3am having watched five episodes, only the season finale to go for me now (thought I'd save that for another night). So I'd better be real careful what I say on this here thread for a week or so 'cos I've skipped ahead o' y'all!! Whups.

Hey Foo I thought that. I meant to check the actors name. He has been in it for a few weeks playing Donna the nurses dad.

At the moment he is in a critical condition after his op.

I love Lester Freeman.

oh right!

i hadn't seen Holby for a few weeks. yes, Lester Freeman/the actor is a dude. :cool:

Wonder if Micheals father abused him in the past?The Burrell- Rawles axis is no more,the cop they held a wake for last night died in real life during the making of s4

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0213067/

That seems to me to be the way it went yeah (although I don't know if it's Michael's father, definitely Bug's though).

Great acting in those scenes, you could feel Michael's revulsion at even being in the same room.

Fuck sake I got bored and decided to watch a few of these episodes and now I'm hooked, I'm going to have to start from the beginning methinks! :mad:

lol:D Another one bites the dust.

Oh god, I need to speak about something! Something fucking weird just went down and I need to pm someone who's seen the whole thing. Please make yourself known.

Back
Top Bottom