Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Yeah he's one of my favourites aswell. ''what's your thoughts on this, tall man?'' :cool:

Ain't enough y'all done violated the Sunday morning truce. No, I'm standing here holding a torn-up church crown of a bona fide colored lady. Do you know what a colored lady is? Not your moms, for sure. 'Cause if they was that, y'all would've known better than that bullshit. Y'all trifling with Avon Barksdale reputation, you know that?
:cool:

I love how the rumors proggresed on that hit till the point where people were saying 'they shot off her sunday crown and pissed on it':D

Right I've caught the occasional episode of this but I've not watched it from the start or anything. I can kind of follow a couple of the stories that are going on though. Exuse the silly questions but I wanted to ask here.
Why does that guy who goes around selling the dvd's and stuff out of a shopping trolley keep on getting battered by that other guy?
And you know that one who went into the prison (omar?) why was everyone else in the jail giving him a hard time when he went in, shouting at him and stuff? Was that just what they do in american jails or was there a reason for it?

You really need to watch it from the start tar.

Omar robs drug dealers for a living, hence his unpopularity among the prison population.

You really need to watch it from the start tar.

Omar robs drug dealers for a living, hence his unpopularity among the prison population.

So why does the shopping trolley guy keep getting beat up by that other guy? I like him.

Right I've caught the occasional episode of this but I've not watched it from the start or anything. I can kind of follow a couple of the stories that are going on though. Exuse the silly questions but I wanted to ask here.
Why does that guy who goes around selling the dvd's and stuff out of a shopping trolley keep on getting battered by that other guy?
And you know that one who went into the prison (omar?) why was everyone else in the jail giving him a hard time when he went in, shouting at him and stuff? Was that just what they do in american jails or was there a reason for it?
Poor Bubbles is easy pickins for that guy,Omar prob robbed most of those guys who were threatening him in jail.

1. Bubs is getting hit up for his money because a bully has identified him as a target

2. Omar has probably done stick-up jobs on most of the inmates. That's what he does, he robs drug dealers.

Oh hey I might take the season one box set out of the library. Do you think it ruins the earlier ones if I watch the current ones, cos I might be able to see where the storylines are going?

Oh hey I might take the season one box set out of the library. Do you think it ruins the earlier ones if I watch the current ones, cos I might be able to see where the storylines are going?

theres enough of a gap between where we are at now and srs 1 to make it not-too ruined, but stop watching the current aired ones when you get season 1

oh he's smart, but he is noway near ruthless enough. Not for the Game he is in. Stringer had smarts and ruthlessness.

Look where that got Stringer though.

Prop Joe's probably the smartest motherfucker in the game (he takes a cut of everyone's money, has the best inside information and is the only player careful enough not to have come up on the Detail's radar).

Props to Prop Joe I say :D

Nah I reckon Prop Joe is stronger than you give him credit for. He knows how to work people. Stringer didn't.

He knows the game inside out, is an intelligent man, and is a good judge of character and doles out good advice. Puts business before the violence, so far anyway.

Nice and fat too.

HBO must be recruiting from the Fat People Inc Agency of America.

Bunk is large, but it's even, like an athlete gone to fat. His boss just has this obscene gut

He even kippered Avon up at the annual East v.s West game with a better ringer. That was a very funny scene, I thought. Avon doing comedy.

They're all dead as dodos.

Start a new one - you can all spoil away as much as you like then.

I well look forward to The Wire, and even tho i have access to the boxsets like watching it on bbc2 cos i have a few pals that are watching it on there, and what with them and th discussions on this thread i like all the chat about it and rumination, and analysis.

I would be upset if something big got spoiled on this "spolier-free" thread, so i'd be up for all those who have seen it all and wanna discuss future events starting another thread and staying clear of this one (only if they're gonna spoil of course)

anyone else with me?

Start a new one - you can all spoil away as much as you like then.

I well look forward to The Wire, and even tho i have access to the boxsets like watching it on bbc2 cos i have a few pals that are watching it on there, and what with them and th discussions on this thread i like all the chat about it and rumination, and analysis.

I would be upset if something big got spoiled on this "spolier-free" thread, so i'd be up for all those who have seen it all and wanna discuss future events starting another thread and staying clear of this one (only if they're gonna spoil of course)

anyone else with me?

any spolers to be contained within the spoiler code, on this thread.

If you haven't the self control not to look at stuff that is in spoiler boxes, how are you going to stop yourself opening another thread that contains naked spoilers?

D'wards - I don't think you're alone, if you look at the ratio of posts to views on this thread it's unusally high for Urban at around 1:14

any spolers to be contained within the spoiler code, on this thread.

If you haven't the self control not to look at stuff that is in spoiler boxes, how are you going to stop yourself opening another thread that contains naked spoilers?

Because

a) it says Spolier Free

b) stuff is not always in the spoiler code - i know what happens to Bubbs cos someone blurted it on this thread uncoded

Fair enough, if everyone will keep the spoliers to the code thats not so bad, though i still can't see wht you can't start another thread, enough of you seem to have seen it all already

Because

a) it says Spolier Free

b) stuff is not always in the spoiler code - i know what happens to Bubbs cos someone blurted it on this thread uncoded

Fair enough, if everyone will keep the spoliers to the code thats not so bad, though i still can't see wht you can't start another thread, enough of you seem to have seen it all already

point.

perhaps there is a place for a 'bb2 wire followers, spoilers ahoy!' thread seeing as some folks aren't using the spoiler code.

Because

a) it says Spolier Free

:eek: what happens to Bubbs?!

Because

a) it says Spolier Free

Now I know something happens to Bubbs, even though I'd missed the earlier spoiler. You and your big mouth/typey fingers, D'wards!

Another McNulty-free episode last night.

I wonder if the actors all know each other, cos someone like Bubbs, who is a mainstay, would never have had any scenes with Omar, or Rawls, or loads of characters, most of them.

Must meet at the parties and that.

No, sometimes they do cross paths in scenes but dont acknowlege each other on screen if that makes sense?

But yeah, 'course all the actors know each other!

Back
Top Bottom