Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

Poor Bubs needs to start packing some hardware,who are the 2 big guys with Omar and why are they protecting him?

he's not meant to be any sort of replacement for stringer! I dont think he's weak at all either. The man's smart. Very smart. Quite like him too cos he's not about the body counts.

oh he's smart, but he is noway near ruthless enough. Not for the Game he is in. Stringer had smarts and ruthlessness.

he's not meant to be any sort of replacement for stringer! I dont think he's weak at all either. The man's smart. Very smart. Quite like him too cos he's not about the body counts.
Yep,ob dos'nt want a war with Marlo hence the effort in bringing him on board,smart enough to know that wars and dead bodies are bad for his line of buisness.

oh he's smart, but he is noway near ruthless enough. Not for the Game he is in. Stringer had smarts and ruthlessness.

I got the feeling that String got more 'gangsta' as it progressed... initially he was the business end of the Barksdale organisation, but when Avon made it clear he didn't think String ever really had the balls for game, he upped it. And consequently got out of his element for the first time. Anyone else agree or am I missing something?

I cant really remember what Stringer was like in the beginning, but it did seem like at one time, Stringer was giving the nod for everyone to get axed.

I cant really remember what Stringer was like in the beginning, but it did seem like at one time, Stringer was giving the nod for everyone to get axed.

I don't think String would've ordered a hit on a Sunday in season one. But once Avon had gone away, from the moment he went behind his back and didn't really think through what the consequences might be, he was heading out of his comfort zone.

No bodies and he's taking a slice off the top of everyone's package by being the sole supplier.

It's like he's the franchise holder and everyone has their own chain outlet. He, of course, likes to call it a co-op.

Stinger never understood the street. Thought he did and thought he was better but he never understood the street soldier mentality.

He's one of my favourite characters

'We fight on the lie' :cool:

chronicles02.jpg

Back
Top Bottom