Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

I'm clearly a tosser, then. :cool:

Umm belive me no one wants to be like my tosser ex house mate. Dude is a gimp, a proper clueless cliched twat of one at that. Mate really wasn't the right word.

Unless you wear oxblood shoes and have a shit indie haircut in which case yes, yes you are.

dave

ah i don't need to be insulted i only ever talk to him on facebook now. Only talked to him last year whenever i was out of weed and he was holdin.

I had forgotten how much he annoyed me untill i had started typing to be honest.

Unlucky there ETA dircted at NVP & sheo:D

dave

Blates! Having looked through some of those older wire threads, he was a total pain in the arse on them. :rolleyes: He didnt like Lester Freamon much.

he objected to his skill as an actor by claiming he was to 'stagey'.

subtle troll was subtle

6a00cd97849482f9cc00d09e717e56be2b-500pi

'That wud'n no 'temp murder. I just shot im in is hind parts so he wouldn't walk right'
:cool:
"Ey yo, this is some kind of full tilt set up to catch a master scoundrel, Capone and what not... Home James!"

Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs...
Omar Little: Just like you, man.
Maurice 'Maury' Levy: Excuse me? What?
Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

Maurice 'Maury' Levy: You are feeding off the violence and the despair of the drug trade. You are stealing from those who themselves are stealing the lifeblood from our city. You are a parasite who leeches off the culture of drugs...
Omar Little: Just like you, man.
Maurice 'Maury' Levy: Excuse me? What?
Omar Little: I got the shotgun. You got the briefcase. It's all in the game though, right?

<flustered>

Its how I catch all the pretty ladeez :D In homage to the man I added 'Tip on out' to my lexicon sometime in June 2007.

That's one of those 'superhero scenes' :) It'd never happen, but all the more beautiful for it!

Of all of the characters he is the most 'superhero' but even then

he dies an ignominious death

Bodie was my favourite. Proper ruthless but showed his heart a fair bit too.

Oh and he always looked fly as well. I want most of his clothes(not the do-rags obviously)

dave

Bodie was my favourite. Proper ruthless but showed his heart a fair bit too.

Oh and he always looked fly as well. I want most of his clothes(not the do-rags obviously)

dave

a puppy with big paws.

I practised gobbing through the gap in my front teeth like he does but just ended up dribbling down me chin

Well, you have the advantage of me as I've never read Heat. But most people don't read the Guardian.

I frequently do, but didn't see any mention of the Wire until after I'd seen it mentioned here. I'm just suggesting that while certain people will have seen it, and others read about it, most people will not have seen it or heard of it.

It's actually pretty obscure. Aside from some rave magazine articles I've rarly seen homicide life on the streets, I've never seen more than fifteen minutes of the epically well reviewed the shield.

Look at this way, you occasionally meet a soul who's never watched any star wars.

Danny, it's really not elitist, it's smart, it's funny, it's incredibly deep. And what I particularly like alot the wire, is the attitude of the the show's creator is his attitude which is "fuck the casual viewer". Episodes don't start with "Previously on the Wire", stuff happens off screen that you need to work out, accents and slang are hard to understand. You're often dropped into scenes and relationships, and no one is stopping to spell things out for you. It's hard, you're expected to pay attention, they don't give you any quarter, or lower themselves to the lowest common denominator. It's a program that assumes you aren't stupid, and asks you to try and keep up. It rewards people who are willing to invest time and attention the story.

Thats why I fucking adore it, I work in telly, and I've lost count of the number of programs I've worked on where executives and producers assume they are smarter than the people watching the programs, and dumb them down, accordingly. The Wire's not dumb down telly. You could call that elitist. I call that brilliant.

I can't wait for it to start even though it will probably inspire more texts that start with yo shorty and motherfucker from my mum (who is nearly 60) after she watched the dvds! :D

Back
Top Bottom