Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Wire comes to BBC2 (Spoiler free, please)

:) Does this mean there will actually be a point where people can discuss it without worrying about giving away spoilers

I keep pimping the show to my mates because it aint like normal tele. It's (as has been said loads) like a book really, episodes as chapters rather than self contained stories with overarching storylines to link them.

After much hectoring (from me) Ginger Matt's gyal bought him series one boxset and now he is entranced and acknowledges me as a God of TV Show recommendations.

I've never watched it. In fact I don't know anyone irl who has.

I am intrigued by the amount of hype it receives on here though. Although it does sound like they're going to show it all in one week? How is that going to work, or have I read it wrong. :confused: I have better things to do with an entire week than watch tv...

I've never watched it. In fact I don't know anyone irl who has.

I am intrigued by the amount of hype it receives on here though. Although it does sound like they're going to show it all in one week? How is that going to work, or have I read it wrong. :confused: I have better things to do with an entire week than watch tv...

I don't. :(

I just have other telly to fit in.

There's only 60 episodes and it's five seasons long?!

Yes, altho each ep is actually 60 mins, not 40, so each season is the equiv of 18 'normal' length US TV shows.

I am intrigued by the amount of hype it receives on here though. Although it does sound like they're going to show it all in one week? How is that going to work, or have I read it wrong.

me said:
Hmm, I hope it doesn't mean what I think it means - Monday=S1, Tuesday S2, Weds S3 and so on...

I have better things to do with an entire week than watch tv...
But there in lies the point, very few people have had to sit down at a time appointed by a tv scheduler to watch the Wire.

We've mostly seen it on DVD/ torrents, and that way it slips into our lives *when * we have the time. And not the other way around.

I reckon they're gonna show it one episode every night.

Would not hurt if they showed it one a week normal stylee tho - its not dated at all.

op'okl?opio99

I'm not sure these people deserve this second chance. They've been given all the time in the world to check it out, if they missed it then they should go without the Wire in their life. It's their loss, after all.

I'm not sure these people deserve this second chance. They've been given all the time in the world to check it out, if they missed it then they should go without the Wire in their life. It's their loss, after all.
:D

Seriously?

It's that kind of talk that turns me against this show. Not everyone torrents, or buys DVDs on the say-so of internet people.

Seriously?

It's that kind of talk that turns me against this show. Not everyone torrents, or buys DVDs on the say-so of internet people.
Actually the boyfriend feels the same way. :) He refuses to watch it on account of me having inducted all of our friends into the cult of Bunk and Bell.

Makes me feel cold towards him at times.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Seriously?

It was a tad more than the "say-so of internet people" though wasn't it?

Seriously don't bother. Who do you think you are to even envisage yourself a worthy addition to our elite club?

Back
Top Bottom