Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The weird investigation into the Legacy Independent Funeral Directors, Hull

cupid_stunt

Chief seagull hater & farmerbarleymow's nemesis.
This has been puzzling me, since the police raided the Legacy Independent Funeral Directors in Hull, on Friday, removing 35 bodies from their premises to another mortuary in the city, and arresting a 46-year-old man and a 23-year-old woman, who are both on bail now, on suspicion of prevention of a lawful and decent burial, fraud by false representation and fraud by abuse of position.

Very little detail has been released so far, but in a press conference earlier today, two odd things came out, firstly that they are working on identifying the bodies they have removed, as I would have thought there would be clear documentation with every body.

Secondly, they have removed a “quantity” of suspected human ashes, WTF have they been doing, saving on crematorium costs?

Clearly something serious has been going on, because more than 120 officers and police staff, some from other areas of the country, are working on the case.

All very weird.

Hull mate suggests they were locally notorious for non payment of debts and rumours are that they faked cremations to avoid fees for transporting the deceased and families were left waiting for ashes etc that never arrived.
If they didn't cremate them then what did they do with them?

Hull mate suggests they were locally notorious for non payment of debts and rumours are that they faked cremations to avoid fees for transporting the deceased and families were left waiting for ashes etc that never arrived.

But what would they have done instead? Doubled up bodies in coffins? Cremation is always going to be the cheapest disposal option, surely?

As per the OP, the police have removed a “quantity” of suspected human ashes, from their premises.

Very unclear how that is relevant to accusations of “faked” cremations. It would be more germane if the ashes were suspected not to be human.

Unless you could identify unique dna from multiple humans in one urn, I suppose. But surely that wouldn’t be possible. Any biochemists here with a view on whether dna would be viable for testing after cremation?

Last edited:

This woman is saying she never got her father ashes.
Weirdly the police are asking if he had any identifying tattoos .

Very unclear how that is relevant to accusations of “faked” cremations. It would be more germane if the ashes were suspected not to be human.

Unless you could identify unique dna from multiple humans in one urn, I suppose. But surely that wouldn’t be possible. Any biochemists here with a view on whether dna would be viable for testing after cremation?

Sorry, not sure how I quoted you, I was replying to moochedit, basically pointing out they were cremated.

What I found odd was them saying they removed a “quantity” of suspected human ashes, which implies a lot, whereas from my experience ashes are normally available to collect in a day or two, they don't tend to have loads knocking about the place.

They could have been saving on crematorium fees, by doubling-up bodies, but I would expect the crematorium staff would notice that fairly quickly. Hence my very wild speculation that they could have been carrying out their own 'in house' cremations.

There are usually bits of bone still after cremation that get ground up. No idea if viable dna could be extracted.

Sorry, not sure how I quoted you, I was replying to moochedit, basically pointing out they were cremated.

What I found odd was them saying they removed a “quantity” of suspected human ashes, which implies a lot, whereas from my experience ashes are normally available to collect in a day or two, they don't tend to have loads knocking about the place.

They could have been saving on crematorium fees, by doubling-up bodies, but I would expect the crematorium staff would notice that fairly quickly. Hence my very wild speculation that they could have been carrying out their own 'in house' cremations.

Lots of people don't collect the ashes for ages. We're coming on 2 years for my mum's. Partly because dad has decided it's all just a mix of loads of people's, which we are assured is not the case.

I would have thought onsite cremation would be unlikely as it would be noticed pretty quickly of they were just slinging them on a bonfire out back.

Messed, up one funeral/ cremation and then things spiralled. So bodies piled up. Police are probably looking to see if they tried to make money getting rid of bodies for criminals. Or just trying to work out who all the bodies are.

Back
Top Bottom