Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The weather in the USA...

They're saying although it's going to be a category 3, the seawater surge is still going to be one of the worst ever? I'm not sure I understand why, surely if it's a category 3 then wouldn't it mean the water is lower than a category 5? Or is this because it's already been a category 5 and the water is still swirling round?

2hats elbows?

They're saying although it's going to be a category 3, the seawater surge is still going to be one of the worst ever? I'm not sure I understand why, surely if it's a category 3 then wouldn't it mean the water is lower than a category 5? Or is this because it's already been a category 5 and the water is still swirling round?
The earlier winds have driven more sea water ahead of the system towards the coast. Further, the low pressure results in additional local sea level rise. Timing with high tide will make it worse still. Then the high winds will generate tall waves on top of all that.

((By way of a trivial distraction during the impact and consequences, the next name on the list after Milton is Nadine))

Tornados may be done but the eye wall is almost near the Bradenton area.

The webcams are just as people are showing. We are watching the news and they’re showing the same stuff.

Yeah, those who remarked about the Darwin awards: YES. There are quite a few entrants this year and it will be a matter of who wins the trophy.

The flood water is coming in fast and furious in places. The earth is angry. The wind is just as fast.

We think we might have heard a plant pot smash against the house about half an hour ago. Projectiles!

2hats elbows?
Timing of high and low tides

We survived the storm. Many areas north of me did not.

I’ve had power all day in my house but no internet. It kept coming off and on (fucking joke of a provider. My community took the cheap route and went with a nobody ISP). I am just getting back online for a second after having been struggling with LTE cellular data since my last post (or since 1030am today, EST).

We are not flooded in my community but a lot of down palm fronds.

It is worrying knowing areas of the city have been ravaged by the tornados but scary and frightening to know I’ve got relatives 90 minutes north of me that got it worse. They felt the impact of the storm and are living through what Fort Myers did in 2022. The rivers will peak again with water surge this weekend so no one is out of the woods yet. The new concern is going to be when the waters rise and how much will cross over and above the bridges. Will it flood communities …

We survived the storm. Many areas north of me did not.

I’ve had power all day in my house but no internet. It kept coming off and on (fucking joke of a provider. My community took the cheap route and went with a nobody ISP). I am just getting back online for a second after having been struggling with LTE cellular data since my last post (or since 1030am today, EST).

We are not flooded in my community but a lot of down palm fronds.

It is worrying knowing areas of the city have been ravaged by the tornados but scary and frightening to know I’ve got relatives 90 minutes north of me that got it worse. They felt the impact of the storm and are living through what Fort Myers did in 2022. The rivers will peak again with water surge this weekend so no one is out of the woods yet. The new concern is going to be when the waters rise and how much will cross over and above the bridges. Will it flood communities …

Good to hear from you abe11825 .

Glad to have been able to get through the ordeal, story! Also glad to be able to talk about it. There are 2 situations out in the Atlantic right now, Leslie and Nadine, but so far, word on the water is they are not going to come near the Sunshine State!

Back
Top Bottom