Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The vagaries of the Spotify algorithm

Perhaps they are just trying to broaden your horizons, introduce you to new music. Perhaps you've never heard of The Beatles, Queen or Pink Floyd but would enjoy some of the modern music around these days if only you had the opportunity to hear some of their songs.

Perhaps they are just trying to broaden your horizons, introduce you to new music. Perhaps you've never heard of The Beatles, Queen or Pink Floyd but would enjoy some of the modern music around these days if only you had the opportunity to hear some of their songs.
They’re determined I should listen to Queen! I really don’t like Queen at all.

what is your position on Nordic Jazz ?
I listen and enjoy. Coltrane, Scott Walker, Colours, Nordic Jazz, Music For Life are all playlists I’ve listened to recently. (Two were made by me). The bottom row is their suggestions.

The Sun Ra is what I was listening to most recently.

I find I need the Spotify algorithm now as I'm so forgetful.

It often recommends me stuff I've never heard before that I think is great unti I notice the little heart beside it that signifies I've clearly had this experience previously.

I find I need the Spotify algorithm now as I'm so forgetful.

It often recommends me stuff I've never heard before that I think is great unti I notice the little heart beside it that signifies I've clearly had this experience previously.
You might like Pink Floyd, Queen and the Beatles.

YouTube Music really thinks I want to listen to The Clash. I have only ever vaguely liked a couple of Clash songs at best and recently would really rather never hear them again as they were a favourite of my ex. Whenever it gives me The Clash on a playlist I skip it. And yet it keeps suggesting them :mad:

YouTube Music really thinks I want to listen to The Clash. I have only ever vaguely liked a couple of Clash songs at best and recently would really rather never hear them again as they were a favourite of my ex. Whenever it gives me The Clash on a playlist I skip it. And yet it keeps suggesting them :mad:
Mine really wants me to listen to Kate Bush. I really don't want to. Screenshot as requested, danny.

I haven't investigated The Sound of Merseyside that they recommend yet as I think Danny would tut at me. :(

Screenshot_20230403_150157_Spotify.jpg

Back
Top Bottom