Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The vagaries of the Spotify algorithm

It personally like to remove myself from Spotify now. It's costing £240/year on my family plan which is bollocks. I'd quite happily swap it out for YouTube Music because I have a premium YouTube Premium subscription anyway (so it's included), but crucially YouTube Music doesn't sync with Amazon Echo, (or Shazam which is a lesser issue) - so I'm wedded to the bastard app for now. But I'm seriously considering jumping ship more than ever.

OK, who knows if this is possible?

I’d like to see and possibly compile a list of which new releases I’ve listened to this year. Singles and/or albums.

This seems like something a third party app might offer. Anyone know of anything out there?

I found a singer called Phildel via the algorithm after listening to Emilie Autumn. She's done a couple of songs I like, Wolf and Holes in Your Coffin. The algorithm also played a song called Bloodsucker by a Canadian dark band called Johnny Hollow. It comes up with some interesting choices sometimes.

Fuckers are serving up ads in their app now. £20 a month to listen to music which is easily available on torrents, enshittified with wide-of-the-mark suggestions that I might want to go and do a coding course at a dubious college.

Back
Top Bottom