Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Share Your Spotify Playlists

There. I probably missed some and posted duplicates because they kept moving when I was doing that. But that’s it. Do your worst. I know: I’m a jazzy cunt and a hippy. I don’t care.

I don’t really approve of playlists. Bands release albums. Composers write symphonies. Who are we to take tracks out of context?

The only exception I make is in compiling otherwise complete oeuvres that eliminate all tracks with vocals for people like Fanfare Ciocarlia and The Amsterdam Klezmer Band, who should never have been allowed to sing in the first place.

I don’t really approve of playlists. Bands release albums. Composers write symphonies. Who are we to take tracks out of context?

The only exception I make is in compiling otherwise complete oeuvres that eliminate all tracks with vocals for people like Fanfare Ciocarlia and The Amsterdam Klezmer Band, who should never have been allowed to sing in the first place.
I’ve always made mixtapes since having access to a cassette player, which I’d put in front of my parents’ speakers. Then I moved onto CDs and iPod playlists and finally streaming playlists. I do also listen to albums. More often than not in fact. And usually on CD these days. But I sometimes want a mixtape, especially when on the move. And that’s not going to change.

Never listened to one. It’s not that I mind impertinent suggestions about what music I might like, Spotify does that all the time and sometimes scores a bullseye. It’s the chuntering I can’t take.
Have to agree. Not that I’ve never listened, but I don’t these days. No need to put up with the wittering these days.

Nice! Looking forward to listening. I nearly out Pali Gap on mine! 😎
Best listened with a bit of crossfade. Some of the jumps are a bit jarring otherwise. :D Mine went a bit more obviously psych than yours at one point but I enjoyed doing it.

Pali Gap is beautiful. Rainbow Bridge album originally, I think? A lot of those odds and ends posthumous Hendrix albums have some real gems on them.

This one’s a belter! Not a bad track on it.

Ha. :D That was for my mate Greg. Me and him send each other little playlists of 6 songs every now and then. Occasionally we branch out and that was the most difficult one.

Anything in there called Mix 6 is me and Greg sending each other stuff. He's got me into Japanese ambient stuff, Blank Banshee and 80s NYHC. I've got him into Killing Joke and Goat.

Back
Top Bottom