Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Unabomber is dead

I’ve just texted my daughter to tell her this. She’s obsessed with him for some strange reason. 🤷‍♀️
He's not like most killers, it has to be said. And there's no denying that he was manipulated whilst at university. He was a very intelligent man but his methods definitely damaged his message.

Fuck his message. Antihuman, antisocial bullshit. There are now 8 billion of us. There were already maybe 6 billion when his manifesto was published. We can't all go and live in a hut in a forest 'in nature'.

And fuck him for presuming to be so fucking important that he had the right to murder people in the name of his bullshit ideas.

Considering the whole ‘we don’t negotiate with terrorists’ policy the US government has always had, I’ve always found it fascinating that he managed to get two national newspapers to agree to his demands and print his manifesto- a move that was actually recommended by the FBI.

I know the the American press would have been free to publish it whether the US authorities liked it or not, but the fact that it was endorsed by the FBI seems an extraordinary move. Were they that concerned about him that thought it a reasonable price to pay if he stopped his bombing campaign as he’d promised? Or did they do it in the hope of gathering some intelligence that might lead to his arrest?

he'd put some ideas in letters to his brother and when the manifesto was printed the SIL said, "um, honey, ..."
It's an interesting ethical dilemma. You're sure it's him. Do you grass him up? Do you confront him? Do you trust he's true to his word about stopping and do nothing? Don't think I could grass up my brother in that situation, but I might feel a need to make sure he stops.

It's an interesting ethical dilemma. You're sure it's him. Do you grass him up? Do you confront him? Do you trust he's true to his word about stopping and do nothing? Don't think I could grass up my brother in that situation, but I might feel a need to make sure he stops.
Philip Schofield was in the same position ref his brother I believe.

Back
Top Bottom