Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The TV & films lonely post thread

We have revisited and actually binged through Vicious, the 2014 two-season sitcom starring Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as a bickering gay couple who’ve been together for five decades.

Pretty funny and enjoyable actually, but I was consistently thrown by the fact that the gentle, lovable, naive good-hearted neighbour is played by Iwan Rheon, aka Game of Thrones’s Ramsay Bolton, one of the most despicable characters ever to be written in. It’s just very hard to buy his wholesome character when all I can think of when I see his face is a castrating psychopath cunt the likes of which have seldom been seen on our screens.

We have revisited and actually binged through Vicious, the 2014 two-season sitcom starring Ian McKellen and Derek Jacobi as a bickering gay couple who’ve been together for five decades.

Pretty funny and enjoyable actually, but I was consistently thrown by the fact that the gentle, lovable, naive good-hearted neighbour is played by Iwan Rheon, aka Game of Thrones’s Ramsay Bolton, one of the most despicable characters ever to be written in. It’s just very hard to buy his wholesome character when all I can think of when I see his face is a castrating psychopath cunt the likes of which have seldom been seen on our screens.
"Typecasting is regular work".

Back
Top Bottom