Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

Nicked off Ianucci's twitter:

A6I2TTDCEAAvTSc.jpg:large

Some huge laugh out loud moments in that. Sad to see it go, but, as others have said, it was the right time. It would have been awful if they dragged it on and on.

The Thick of It was a master class in great comedy. Even at its worst it was brilliant. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for something this good to come along again?

I managed to miss the previous series' so was playing catch up with who was who. This was great. Proper LoLs a few times but stayed just the right side of implausible.

What, is it over? I just started watching it!!

The whole series is on Iplayer...

The Thick of It was a master class in great comedy. Even at its worst it was brilliant. I wonder how long we'll have to wait for something this good to come along again?

In terms of political satire, I think we'll wait a *very* long time.

Ianucci does definitive stuff. The Day Today, Partridge... they tore apart their respective subject matter and have never been bettered.

Seems to have vanished :(

He wrote a great deal of Stewart Lee's material for Comedy Vehicle he also directed Ianucci's American version of TTOI, Veep. He's still very much around.

I saw him two mornings in a row at Kennington tube.:hmm:

Writing for Stewart Lee? I'd never have guessed that. But if he's working closely with Ianucci, it fits I guess.

Back
Top Bottom