Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

He wrote a great deal of Stewart Lee's material for Comedy Vehicle he also directed Ianucci's American version of TTOI, Veep. He's still very much around.

I saw him two mornings in a row at Kennington tube.:hmm:
I was just checking wiki...Morris, Ianucci, Coogan and so many others came up around the same time and were involved in so many projects, alongside Brooker, Herring, Lee, Linehan and others.....some not always to my taste but top quality stuff all round, really.

A quick google suggests he script supervised / edited. Not trying to demean that, but it fits more with my perception that Lee's material is roughly his own, albeit shaped and tidied for TV.

I was just checking wiki...Morris, Ianucci, Coogan and so many others came up around the same time and were involved in so many projects, alongside Brooker, Herring, Lee, Linehan and others.....some not always to my taste but top quality stuff all round, really.

Linehan I place separately. He's one of the contemporary crew, clearly talented, but doing old-school format. No new ground broken. (I won't for one minute suggest doing laughter-track sitcom is easy. Arguably, in these times, it's harder).

Well my point was that he is still working albeit in more hidden role, I am sure I heard Lee said he helped him write a lot of his material - which is obviously what he meant but I took it to mean in a different capacity.

Linehan is a bit stale.

Well my point was that he is still working albeit in more hidden role, I am sure I heard Lee said he helped him write a lot of his material - which is obviously what he meant but I took it to mean in a different capacity.

Linehan is a bit stale.

No no, fair enough. Good to hear what he's been up to. There must be alot of people who'd like to see him back at the coal face. His stuff was brutal... feels like we're in less confrontational times in comedy, right when the climate suggest it should be the opposite.

Twitter's great, if you're quick enough you can be the first to reply to a celebrity's message with a load of abuse. I reckon Lily Allen has got me on ignore by now, horribly twee liberal bellowing fuck pig of a woman.

He wrote a great deal of Stewart Lee's material for Comedy Vehicle he also directed Ianucci's American version of TTOI, Veep. He's still very much around.

I saw him two mornings in a row at Kennington tube.:hmm:
He didn't write any material afaik. He was just script editor. Which meant he just had a couple of conversation with lee about it.

I am a song editor for Lily Allen, I told her that her last song was shit and that her dad should drop ricin instead of MDMA on national TV.

In their Fist of Fun days, Lee and Herring used to say they were the most mediocre comedy double act (apart from Punt and Dennis), citing the fact that they wrote for On The Hour, and left before it went onto massive TV success as The Day Today. :D

I don't know when this series was written and shot, but one of Olly's lines was more than a bit topical;

"Dear Jim, can you fix it for both parts of the coalition to completely fuck up at the same time?"

:D

They shouldn't bring it back, because to top that final episode would be difficult, difficult, lemon difficult.

The whole series is on iPlayer atm, I sat and watched them all back to back on Sunday there- much funnier the second time round and viewed together as a series instead of each week.

^^ agreed, the last episode was totes amazeballs ( :mad: at myself for saying that)

The whole series is on iPlayer atm, I sat and watched them all back to back on Sunday there- much funnier the second time round and viewed together as a series instead of each week.
is it? where? i need to see the last 2 episodes!

Back
Top Bottom