Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

This episode was interesting because it broke the fourth wall within the internal structure of the show. Usually, the nastiness, bullying and outright bastardry is concealed from the public and it's been shown that outside of the context some characters aren't like that.

But now they've got to justify themselves to the public within the show, and for the viewer who's watched the regularity of it, we're in on the joke of them all trying to avoid admitting just how despicable they have been.

Excellent episode IMO. Didn't even notice it was an hour. Impossible to enjoy unless you'd had a thorough watching and enjoyment of all the previous episodes though. Something they could only do with well known characters.

Can't wait to see how it ends.

tumblr_mcbadqsRdy1qdnrmko1_1280.jpg

Chinless horse fucking twat.

I think I could have watched Stewart forever on that panel. He looked like he could have gone on forever too. Worth the entrance fee alone for me.

Thought the Tucker/Female-Panellist-Who's-name-Escapes-Me was very good, though thought they could have made more of it. (Obvious aping of Murdoch-esque tactics from Tucker to discredit and leak the panellist).

I'm glad it's ending though. It would be very easy to have another x episodes of utterly fantastic insulting metaphors though it could get (is!) a touch one dimensional.

Albeit a longer run than traditional classics, this - I think - is going out on a massive high.

I could replay that last episode over and over. It's like watching a modern day fall of Rome.

The final is going to epic I'm sure. I'll wave a teary goodbye. We need more things that puncture an easy belief, things that simpletons like me can follow and get a lightbulb above their heads. ;)

Do we know if there's going to be a complete DVD box set released before Christmas? I mean all 4 series and the specials.

Do we know if there's going to be a complete DVD box set released before Christmas? I mean all 4 series and the specials.

idk, but i wouldnt be surprised if the BBC stall it for a long while - trying to put distance between them and anything paedophilia.

Back
Top Bottom