Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

Also, I really, really like Peter Mannion. He's a great character. Far more likeable than his irl counterpart.
Do they all have real life counterparts?
Whose is his?
I like this programme much better than I used to. Does feel a bit written-by-committee though. Lots of jokes fall flat, but for some reason that doesn't spoil my enjoyment

Whose is his?
I like this programme much better than I used to. Does feel a bit written-by-committee though. Lots of jokes fall flat, but for some reason that doesn't spoil my enjoyment

He's Ken Clark, I believe. They're not directly meant to actually be them, but many of them have characteristics drawn from irl people.

Whose is his?

Dubversion shows Alistair Campbell his counterpart.

this series has been rubbish. not funny. lots of formulaic sweary insults but not much else, the most recent episode devoid even of that.

That is why I thought it was the best one of the series so far. I agree this has been the weakest of the series with the dialogue being a means to hear some swearing and creative insulting. However last night's episode took a more serious and poignant turn for the better. I'd like to see AI do something a bit more grown up and in the same vein.

Still the entire series and the film is one of teh best things produced on British TV.

what? all politicians are cunts? everyone knew this already except iannucci who spent the last election prancing round saying vote libdem.

this last series is just the boohoos of a wounded liberal.

You can tell you set out not to like it before you even viewed it :[

what? all politicians are cunts? everyone knew this already except iannucci who spent the last election prancing round saying vote libdem.

this last series is just the boohoos of a wounded liberal.
It' didn't come across as particularly anti libdem.

I thought Fergus had the best line last night;

"Can't you see, you're the orchestra and Tucker's playing you, he's the conductor, he's... he's... he's Goldie."

:D

I thought Fergus had the best line last night;

"Can't you see, you're the orchestra and Tucker's playing you, he's the conductor, he's... he's... he's Goldie."

:D
See, stuff like that. Not really that funny. I don't laugh much watching it. It's too real to be funny in a way.

I think the jokes are shit too. I just enjoy the machinations and the plotting

There's times in the current series where it was glaringly obvious that a scene was built around a one liner. As if someone came up with the insult or joke first of all then built the scene and story around it. Still made me laugh and I enjoyed it.

That is why I thought it was the best one of the series so far. I agree this has been the weakest of the series with the dialogue being a means to hear some swearing and creative insulting. However last night's episode took a more serious and poignant turn for the better. I'd like to see AI do something a bit more grown up and in the same vein.

Still the entire series and the film is one of teh best things produced on British TV.
Nah! It's no Father Ted or Fawlty Towers.
It's more House Of Cards.
Wry observation rather than laugh out loud comedy

Back
Top Bottom