Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

i don't know who andy coulson is, but that fella wasn't very convincing as a scary fella. he's tiny.

I thought the point of the Fucker's long-heralded arrival was that actually, he was meant to be a bit shit. He does the whole abuse and taking over part, but comes out with drivel like "this government is maimed but it can't be shamed, it will be fucked!" and everybody's looking at him with a raised eyebrow. As opposed to Malcolm actually rousing the troops. And then, at the end, he says "okay! let's get going!" and people in the background say "so what do we do? what do we do?" and he's trying to get an outside line and doesn't know how.

No, that can't be right. That means the scriptwriters would know what they're doing better than the posters on here. Fact is, it's a shit script, a lazy script, shit acting, shit accents, not as good as last week - which was a "flabby" script anyway - and no where as good as the last series. Plus, Malcolm is the star and the whole point and it's not at all a commentary on government in power. I think that's what we've learned so far.

That means the scriptwriters would know what they're doing better than the posters on here.

:D

I thought it was a great end, and it was completely obvious that The Fucker was going to be a let down - having said that, his actual entrance was funny, as was this thin reedy voice yelling out ' I want a biscuit'.

Julius had the best line tho - 'I'm not going to eat the pissy biscuit' :D

As an ep made me laugh properly, especially Fleming's 'We're coming out of the basement, the beatings are over' metaphor :D

I thought the point of the Fucker's long-heralded arrival was that actually, he was meant to be a bit shit. He does the whole abuse and taking over part, but comes out with drivel like "this government is maimed but it can't be shamed, it will be fucked!" and everybody's looking at him with a raised eyebrow. As opposed to Malcolm actually rousing the troops. And then, at the end, he says "okay! let's get going!" and people in the background say "so what do we do? what do we do?" and he's trying to get an outside line and doesn't know how.

Indeed!

What a great episode.:)

cracking last episode. chilled malcolm was such a charmer, probably even more terrifying in his way. and the fucker was hilarious, so shit.

none of the labout lot can come back in any later series can they? an election special, but other than that...

I thought it was a brilliant episode, and I would be happy if they ended the whole series here... Of course they won't and I'm sure future specials and episodes will be good as well.

It may not have as many belly laughs as it used to, but it has developed into good, solid, political satire and drama...

I think the last arc has done a lot to undermine and de-claw Malcolm as a deliberate ploy by the writers to stop him from completely taking the show over and remind us (and themselves) that this is supposed to be an ensemble piece.

I thought it was a brilliant episode, and I would be happy if they ended the whole series here... Of course they won't and I'm sure future specials and episodes will be good as well.

It may not have as many belly laughs as it used to, but it has developed into good, solid, political satire and drama...

I think the last arc has done a lot to undermine and de-claw Malcolm as a deliberate ploy by the writers to stop him from completely taking the show over and remind us (and themselves) that this is supposed to be an ensemble piece.
Malcolm's demise and rise also had reminiscences of a certain Mr Campbell's engagement with the current office holders I felt. Nice Malcolm is much more scary, like kyser said, him in a fleece was eerie and wierd and not in a good way.

Most unthreatening and unsweary line in the series so far goes to...

Malcolm (to Olly): And do you think the little man in the red and yellow car?

I watched the Malcolm's birthday one on the iPlayer last night;

cunt_cake_from_the_pm.jpg

"Well this could be from anyone."

Ancient thread revive, because the new series starts in less than two weeks. :cool:

A piece by the show's, ahem, "language consultant" Ian Martin here. Unsurprisingly, there's an ill-balanced coalition in power, which must mean Malcolm, Jamie, et al are in opposition, which is bound to make them a little angry. I think I read somewhere that Nicola's now the leader of the opposition too.

Discuss.*

*If you don't like this thread, you can pop a jaunty little bonnet on your opinion and ram it up the shitter with a lubricated horse cock. :mad:

No wayyy.

I'm so happy.

George Alagaia was reading the news earlier and I went, "alright, easy George".

Hoping it returns to the excellent first two series and specials not the luke warm drawn out averageness of series 3..!

Back
Top Bottom