Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

That would be completely out of character, he is a 100% party machine man, even if the machine fucks him he's not going to go over to the opposition, that would be terrible writing.

My bet is that he will come back fuck Fleming up, and the election will be on a knife edge, the episode will end on a cliff hanger with the result not announced until series four, or a special.
Is he though? Don't forget his "reconciliation" with Stewart Pearson. He knows they're all playing the game, he probably wouldn't go to the opposition but he will fuck Stewart Fleming up with a mighty vengeance, and he blatantly won't let anything stand in his way, even if meant sparking a leadership contest (though they won't do that cos it's a device already pulled this series).

Mandelson? Three times had to resign fron the Cabinet. Now in the heart of Government, not even elected. What odds he ands up on the Tory front bench. Tucker is a million times better than Mandy. Mind you M does somersaults under the belly of a snake.

Do you suppose Mandelson is really like that?

Who? Fleming? No, he's not. Fleming is really not based on Mandy at all.

I'm going to have to re-watch this series. It's been up and down on the laffs for me so far, with this week and the one with the radio phone in getting the most laffs, but the best scene of the series so far has been Malcolm's Pharoah monologue to Terri.

Wry did point out to me who Fleming is actually based on (certainly his backstory of being booted out but coming back in over the head of a rival), but I forget...

Wry did point out to me who Fleming is actually based on (certainly his backstory of being booted out but coming back in over the head of a rival), but I forget...

The only person I thought of when watching it was Derek Draper - Fleming is certainly smug enough.

Its Dave Hill isnt it? Labour Director of Communications leading up to 97 who later came back to replace Campbell.

I haven't watched any of this, and not much of the previous series, so I've downloaded 7 episodes from bbc iplayer, looking forward to catching up

Its Dave Hill isnt it? Labour Director of Communications leading up to 97 who later came back to replace Campbell.

Yep.

marty - watch the previous series, especially the two resignation specials 'Rise of the Nutters' and 'Spinner and Losers' with possibly the funniest Newsnight interview ever, and Jamie monstering everyone in sight :D

I have been watching this series on iplayer for the past few nights. It's weird, cos I don't find any of it laugh out loud funny or even that interesting but it does have something indefinably good about it that keeps me watching.

_39460723_hill_pa203.jpg

I have been watching this series on iplayer for the past few nights. It's weird, cos I don't find any of it laugh out loud funny or even that interesting but it does have something indefinably good about it that keeps me watching.

It's scary but funny. These could be the people in charge?

I was on the bus this evening and for no reason at all though of (from Giant Gaystacks): "A takeaway, a punchup, all we need now for the great British night out is a hand job in the bus shelter". Just started chuckling, veh embarrassing.

One gem of a line that was almost lost in the crossfire of the 'resignation' scene was Nicola's plaintive "i'm only a cabinet minister!". I loved that.

Hmm , not too sure what to think of tonights episode , they seemed to have rushed Malcolm back into government.

Yep he's deffered the story. Must say really haven't thought much of this series at all, aside from a couple good episodes it's barely managed average. Damn shame because it used to be excellent...

One of the best episodes for me.

There's a sense of redemption for Malcom. The brief signs of mucking in as he gets back in to it. And when it comes to the rallying call, he unifies - unlike his even more odeous incoming oppo.

All set for the election then.

Unless they write a campaign orientated one verrry sharpish, I guess we won't see another until well after the election? Gah.

Fave character from this series: The tory MP. He's got that weariness that Hugh had.

That only makes sense if you want Malcolm to be the entire focus for everything. Contrary to some perceptions, he's not. The purpose of the show is to explore the workings of government, of which Malcolm was an important aspect.

I say *was* because nothing is permanent and The Thick of It is already several years behind the times - that style of spin had evolved in the years since Campbell/Blair into something less in your face but nastier: The Gordon Brown Years.

The cliffhanger was right, imo, it's about the election and who follows.

How many people wacth it for olly? Of course it's all about Malcom! He epitomises the workings of government.

Back
Top Bottom