Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

i like this series. perhaps i need to rewatch the other series.
has it always been filmed in those offices?
i work there!

Last night's episode was brilliant. In fact, this series has just got better and better imo.

stavros said:
Are you Ollie? Or Glenn?
just reminded me i had a TTOI dream last night.

I was in my nans house with glenn & terry, they were messing about and telling jokes. I wanted to join in with the fun, but malcolm came in and specifically told me to write some sort of character assassination speech.

:cool:

What did your nan think of Malcolm's diatribes? Does she even watch the show? If so, coolest nan ever? :cool:

i dont recall seeing my nan, (if she was there i only hope she didnt have her hearing-aids in!) next time ill try and scribble down some quotes when i wake up.

usually when i read a book, itll be set inside a house that i lived in once.
I think that my imagination (or lack of) lazily scanned the databanks for off-the-peg environments and selected nans sunday/best room as the most 'ministerial' atmosphere available.

Not too sure about that one... funny in places, but dull in others and did they reuse a line from one of the specials?

Nicola: You're about as on the ball as a dead seal Malcolm

Tucker: That's my line, you're using MY LINE.

:D

Good to see Blinky McFuck back

Ah, I have just remembered that I watched this last night. I must have been drunk. Not great. Shame that pedo guy can't be in it anymore.

Low on big laughs, high on excellent drama and acting.

Malcolm's scene with Terri was awesome:

'I was a fucking pharoh, now I'm in a Nile of shit. Well you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to fashion a paddle of shit and row my way back.'

I spoke with my Dad on the phone today and he disagreed, but I thought it was the best of the series last night. Nicola's "You're like sultanas in a salad" was a very good line, and Malcolm had his usual brilliance, but Ollie got the two best lines last night.

Glenn: "Outside here, I have life."
Ollie: "Yes, but so does a jellyfish or athlete's foot."

And on finding out Glenn was going to run: "It's a bit like finding out your dad's gay."

Shit happened to everyone last night in increasingly funny ways.

The wiki page is updating ahead of the last two (last two, nooooooooo) in the next two weeks.

The big baldy fuck is featuring apparently :D

Low on big laughs, high on excellent drama and acting.

Malcolm's scene with Terri was awesome:

'I was a fucking pharoh, now I'm in a Nile of shit. Well you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to fashion a paddle of shit and row my way back.'

That Malcolm scene was brilliant. Instead of his usual razor-sharp rantings he's just talking utter nonsense because he's genuinely losing the plot. When he's apologising to people you know something is horribly, horribly wrong :D

"You'll know when I need your advice, because I'll give you the special signal - and that signal will be me being sectioned under the Mental Health Act!"

When he was just staring at Terri, I was having a Tucker-esque shout at her to shut the fuck up and fuck the fuck off :D

Malcolm: "This is like the shawshank redemption except with a lot more crawling through shit and no fucking redemption".

I have no idea what to make of that, except that the short clip of Tucker appearing to stand up for Sam (though he could easily have been preventing anyone to talk to her) was wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom