Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

If my darling Malcolm is not back nest episode he will be earning thousands more as a journo.

But I want him back. NOW!!! :D:D

Lord Julius wtf :mad::mad::D

I quite liked the timing of the celebrity issue with the week Allsop appeared on Question Time - mind you, that could have happened in many weeks. Maybe.

The election is looming and the opposition appears confident of winning. Malcolm Tucker, meanwhile, appears to be running out of both options and friends.

It looks like he may have bitten off more than he can chew with Steve Fleming but, when an offer of help appears from an unlikely direction, Malcolm starts to set his finest trap yet.

(looks like stewart pearson will be jumping in to help malc out)

Interesting fubert.

Murray could be a help, but I reckon her leaving when Tucker needed her might play into that. She wasn't celebrating like the others, but still.

I think the Opposition have a great role to play in the final ep., but my fanboy side wants a return of Jamie and Hugh to really fuck things up (it's impossible though :()

I got annoyed with Olly, Glenn and Teri celebrating - tempered with schadenfreude in that they're going to get utterly fucked under twatty Fleming :mad:

Nicola seemed genuinely upset, and even if she'd gone with Malcolm's line - the damage was done :(

I got annoyed with Olly, Glenn and Teri celebrating - tempered with schadenfreude in that they're going to get utterly fucked under twatty Fleming :mad:

Nicola seemed genuinely upset, and even if she'd gone with Malcolm's line - the damage was done :(

Tis true, she seems to understand at least that it's better the devil you know...

Interesting fubert.

Murray could be a help, but I reckon her leaving when Tucker needed her might play into that. She wasn't celebrating like the others, but still.

I think the Opposition have a great role to play in the final ep., but my fanboy side wants a return of Jamie and Hugh to really fuck things up (it's impossible though :()
it would be fantastic to see jamie come back.

I think no Jamie in this one highlighted how alone Malcolm was. He lost Jamie when he went to work for Tom, who didn't like Malcolm in the first place. The re-emergence of Fleming over the last few episodes combined with Malcolm losing the ability to spin, intimidate and coerce like he used to makes it high tragedy. Right from the off this series, the mood has been one of an upcoming election with character after character referencing it in each episode - even Murray's appointment at the start.

It's a lot darker this series, and the focus has shifted from the DoSac minister to the shift in power - how things slip away from the Malcolm at the end of Spinners and Losers who'd just fucked Nick out of the job as Press Chief, had got at least on side with Tom and stymied Ben Swain, Olly and Jamie all at the same time. Now he's alone, vulnerable and fucking steaming.

Great television.

Glen (with one N as Olly said in the ep :p) was being ignored by the others with his "are we sure this is good news -it feels like it but are we sure"

I can see how Jamie could come back in in the next episode, be interesting to see that dynamic.

Yeah I feared my excitement was going to be misplaced.

And I'm sure it is Glenn Cullen, from the factory visit episode in series 1. I was just being anoraky.

Pure Mandelson though :D

174265_f248.jpg
Mandelson+moustache.jpg

"Don't you ever fucking call me sweetheart?"
"Oh sorry sweetheart, he was talkin' to me - couldn't you tell from the moustache?"

:D

I think no Jamie in this one highlighted how alone Malcolm was. He lost Jamie when he went to work for Tom, who didn't like Malcolm in the first place. The re-emergence of Fleming over the last few episodes combined with Malcolm losing the ability to spin, intimidate and coerce like he used to makes it high tragedy. Right from the off this series, the mood has been one of an upcoming election with character after character referencing it in each episode - even Murray's appointment at the start.

It's a lot darker this series, and the focus has shifted from the DoSac minister to the shift in power - how things slip away from the Malcolm at the end of Spinners and Losers who'd just fucked Nick out of the job as Press Chief, had got at least on side with Tom and stymied Ben Swain, Olly and Jamie all at the same time. Now he's alone, vulnerable and fucking steaming.

Great television.

This is all true. But have we ever see Malcolm not come out of a shit situation on top ? Even in "In The Loop". He doesn't go down easily.

I want Malcolm to bring down the government. That'd show the fuckers!

That would be completely out of character, he is a 100% party machine man, even if the machine fucks him he's not going to go over to the opposition, that would be terrible writing.

My bet is that he will come back fuck Fleming up, and the election will be on a knife edge, the episode will end on a cliff hanger with the result not announced until series four, or a special.

Back
Top Bottom