Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Thick of it??

I like Nicola Murray.

And the 3rd series has Julius Nicholson is, who is, if it's possible, funnier than Tucker.

"See this onion bhajee?"

Nicola Murray was good, the lack of Jamie didn't make up for having more Nicholson. It just felt drawn out too, like they were trying to tell a story rather than just ripping the piss each episode...

It won't happen, but bringing back Hugh in some capacity would be a masterstroke.

The specials were the very peak of the show so far, but I'm very hopeful for the new series. Presuming Malcolm et al were modelled on Labour, it'll be interesting to see how they deal with trying to redefine themselves in opposition.

The end of the last series seemed to introduce a character called "the fucker", the trailer doesnt show any hint of him though. wonder if he'll make an appearance...

I'm sure there'll be Leveson references. Whether Malcolm or anyone else, maybe Ollie's ex-girlfriend at the Daily Fail, gets called before him, we'll see.

Tonight's the night. No Malcolm or Nicola apparently, but Teri and Glenn are both working for the new government. I'm not sure if their minister is from the big or little coalition party, but the last 2 and a half years have given them plenty of ammunition.

If anyone here doesn't watch it, I will personally eviscerate them. Now I haven't had your fucking Oxbridge education so I don't exactly know what that means, but I'll start by ripping off your balls and busk it from there.

mate was at a premiere of the first 2 episodes, reckons its hilarious, with some proper LOL moments

Cannot fucking wait!

Mind you, there is something delightfully masochistic about the idea of stavros personally eviscerating me.

Even though I do not possess any fucking testicles.

Just watched the first episode on iplayer, a good start to the series. Looks like Tucker and co are featured next week which should be good.

Settle an argument with my flatmate: what proportion of The Thick of It's audience would have got the Robotnik reference?

Probably not all of them, just those under 35 say? But then that's the point - the 'inbetweeners' understand (or think they understand) modern technology, and the old timers haven't got a clue.

Back
Top Bottom